• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

JZ video tearing it somewhere

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
After I saw that guy spin I was amazed at all the stuff he added to a set... He's tight with the EFX and the 1000... fun to watch him do all those tricks. He uses the feedback loop a lot. It's a great trick to build up for the next track. The echo effecte is sweet too... so much control with the EFX-1000.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

asha

TRIBE Promoter
We'll get to listen to and witness those tricks soon-I just noticed (on his site) that he will be in Toronto on Saturday, July 15th at the Guvernment. Looking forward to it.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I wish he would spin somewhere other than the dam Guv, I will have to make my way there to check him out... it's been a long time since he's been back. I'm waiting on his new track coming out Weird Science sounds pretty dirty

asha

TRIBE Promoter
I know, I think a smaller, and not so overcrowded venue would be much better... but I can't miss this either. Yes- I heard an edit of Weird Science on his myspace site-it does sound amazing!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
I'll admit I'm kind of a late comer to Zabiela but after seeing him doing his thing a couple of times now I'm totally convinced he's the future of DJing. He's managed to marry the two DJ types (scratch vs club) with this crazy technological twist. He's also brought the performance aspect back to DJ which is great.

Plus he always looks like he's having the best time ever!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

smack

TRIBE Member
loopdokter said:
He's no longer a sober angel either apparently. He's taken up drinking. Haha.

Cheers,
J<
:eek:
Once again, thanks for the gossip!!!!!!!!!
So whens he having a baby?

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
asha said:
I know, I think a smaller, and not so overcrowded venue would be much better... but I can't miss this either. Yes- I heard an edit of Weird Science on his myspace site-it does sound amazing!

Some international Djs are already testing this track out... I wish I could get my hands on that track! Anybody knows when it's going to be released?

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
saw him at system a year back...amazing stuff...place was empty tho. and the guv is the wrong place to experince this guy, hope they put up big screens or something so you can see him work his magic.

smack

TRIBE Member
Hey guys, according to loopdokter James Zabiela is drinking now!!!!!! Imagine how good of a dj he is now!!!!!!

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
smack said:
Hey guys, according to loopdokter James Zabiela is drinking now!!!!!! Imagine how good of a dj he is now!!!!!!
You weren't funny the first time. The second time isn't funny either. Shall you go for a third?

Cheers,
J<

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
They say having one beer a day is actually pretty good for because of all the natural antioxidants it provides.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
saw him at system a year back...amazing stuff...place was empty tho. and the guv is the wrong place to experince this guy, hope they put up big screens or something so you can see him work his magic.

When he spun at the Guv a while back (labor of love) they had a big ass screen up to show all the little tricks he does. I find a lot of his tricks are feed back loops.

asha

TRIBE Promoter
bombthreat23 said:
saw him at system a year back...amazing stuff...
That was a great night! I'll always remember the moment when he played the Depeche Mode "World In My Eyes" remix-awesome...

asha

TRIBE Promoter
MOD ONE said:
Some international Djs are already testing this track out... I wish I could get my hands on that track! Anybody knows when it's going to be released?

The track will be released sometime at the end of June on Renaissance recordings, possibly with a remix.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I hope they have it for a digital download, and I hope the big name Djs that have the track are not canning the shit out of it.

asha

TRIBE Promoter
I love the live set from HiFi Festival (05-27-2006), been listening to it in the last few days. It starts with Weird Science (Remix).

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories