• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Justin Trudeau hits woman while trying to choke Canadian Parliamentary democracy

Lojack

TRIBE Member
So, some of the shine is coming off.. JT loses his temper, grabs the Conservative Whip and (accidentally) elbows a female NDP MP (but did not turn around and only apologized after being confronted in front of the cameras and microphones). Mulcair is heard on tape calling him pathetic for hitting a woman.

Trudeau accused of 'manhandling' Conservative, elbowing NDP MP in House uproar - Politics - CBC News

Apparently this has to do with some procedural changes the Liberals are trying to force through which severely dilutes the power of the Opposition parties in Parliament. As Mulcair sees it, the Harper Conservatives “on their worst day" never tried to pull that off.

John Ivison: Commons gets Old Testament when Liberals move to take control of House procedure | National Post

Interestingly, this has hit some international media, but I have not seen it on The Guardian yet. Usually they are quick to report all things JT and family.

Shout out to keeping Tribe running.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
He doesn't yet understand that with with youthful yoga-induced strength and a working-understanding of particle physics has elevated him into a next-tier politician. He is a monster compared to the frail humans who make up parliament.

This French Canadian will only grow in power and popularity, consuming all before him. HE MUST BE STOP!

Oh no, it's too late! He is too strong! Here, Oh lord of the perfect hair, I give you an offering of Janiecakes. Devour her soul and spare my home. I will never voice another opinion… AGAIN!

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Eat your anti-Trudeau sentiments and choke on it! His word is truth! He will save us from having to Think and make our world great!

Vive le Trudeau!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
when he gave his apology ( which was feeble, at best ), the idiots seated behind him actually game him a standing ovation.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
This may hit the American comedy shows this week - stay tuned!

The land of misbehaving Biebers and Fords will enter the American consciousness again

Canucks are gonna be seen as so badass soon enough

What a fucked up day. Big mix of legitimate bad behaviour, tempest in a teapot, partisanship and WWE like spectacle

Media field day!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Oh no, it's too late! He is too strong! Here, Oh lord of the perfect hair, I give you an offering of Janiecakes. Devour her soul and spare my home. I will never voice another opinion… AGAIN!
WHY ME?

This scandal is embarrassing to me as a Canadian. We are such a bunch of babies.

praktik

TRIBE Member
They are howling for blood, NDP is incensed!

Elizabeth fucking May is the voice of reason here

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
"It was most unwise of the prime minister to attempt to move along the vote by moving along [Brown]. That movement was clearly a contact that was unwanted. But the second contact, which was certainly the one that was the most emotional for the member involved, was clearly from my perspective I confirm … unintentional," she said of the prime minister's encounter with Brosseau.
"And I have to say, I saw the prime minister approaching and following the honourable member, trying to reach her and saying how very sorry he was, he had not seen her behind him," May said."

As usual, Elizabeth May holds down the rationality fort.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
"It was most unwise of the prime minister to attempt to move along the vote by moving along [Brown]. That movement was clearly a contact that was unwanted. But the second contact, which was certainly the one that was the most emotional for the member involved, was clearly from my perspective I confirm … unintentional," she said of the prime minister's encounter with Brosseau.
"And I have to say, I saw the prime minister approaching and following the honourable member, trying to reach her and saying how very sorry he was, he had not seen her behind him," May said."

As usual, Elizabeth May holds down the rationality fort.
bravo.

the lady that was accidentally hit saying she was too traumatized to vote, and her friend saying she was deeply troubled and now felt unsafe, are all a bit much.

fortunately there is video of the incident, as the written report makes the situation sound much more rob ford-like.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
So it's okay for trudeau to tell other mp's to fuck off, physically grab the opposition whip, elbowing another in the process??? Really.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I find it astounding there are so many of you simply trying to explain it away. If a dipper or god forbid a conservative did this this thread would be pages long. But since it's trudeau it is accepted and explained away. I thought he was supposed to be better. But hey, he apologized really hard so it's all good.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I don't care for political parties, but leave it to the NDP to bring Social Justice Warriorism to the House of Commons.

Everyone's a victim!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I find it astounding there are so many of you simply trying to explain it away. If a dipper or god forbid a conservative did this this thread would be pages long. But since it's trudeau it is accepted and explained away. I thought he was supposed to be better. But hey, he apologized really hard so it's all good.
grabbing the dude by the elbow was out of line, but hardly horrific and the apology should suffice.

accidentally elbowing the woman was unfortunate, but it was an accident and he apologized several times, even running after her when he first learned it happened.

i lean more toward NDP, but am embarrassed by the actions of the NDP folks in this. not accepting an apology for an accidental elbow and saying she was too traumatized to vote is, in my humble opinion after watching the video, ridiculous. there are serious issues facing the country. an accidental elbow and an out-of-line elbow grab are not among them.