• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Justified the TV show

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

A friend of mine tipped me off to this last week. It stars Timothy Olyphant in his typecast US Marshall role and a small cast of pretty good actors. I watched the first season and was quite impressed. If you haven't seen it, you might be too.

Excellent acting by the dude who plays Boyd Crowder who is a terrifically deep and multifaceted character.

Hillbillies haven't changed much since the pioneer days of Deadwood! Still not the brightest bulbs on the pig.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
yeah my flat mate wants me to watch this, i checked out some of it and it doesnt look terrible.

not sure if it will grip me or not.

praktik

TRIBE Member
One of my faves on TV - I think it has some of the smartest writing and characterization around. Well worth watching guys get on it!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Ahh, Raylan Givens. Good show indeed. I really like the writing, they've nailed down a manner of speech, use of metaphors etc., that is unique to the setting and so clever. Its a show that you can watch repeatedly and pick up on nuances.

Raylan has some interesting nemeses on the show, Boyd Crowder was already mentioned, his father Arlo is another. Ava is a well-written character too.

And there's plenty of shoot-outs mixed with saloon and sexy times to appease fans of the traditional western. Not many horses though :p

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Missus Federko loves Raylan, and I'm into the babes he's banging, so we're fully up to date. The villains are excellent (Wynn Duffy, especially).

Also, I'm about that Bourbon drank!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Missus Federko loves Raylan, and I'm into the babes he's banging, so we're fully up to date. The villains are excellent (Wynn Duffy, especially).

Also, I'm about that Bourbon drank!
I'm digging this post, I'll bet Mrs ChrisD would dig this bloke too.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
I agree - but there was something refreshing about season one being more episodic than arc-ey... Kinda dug it...

But ya the arcs in later seasons are awesome too!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tripleup

TRIBE Member
Just binge watched this season up to now, loving it.

Nice surprise with Will Sasso and Alan Tudyk in dramatic roles plus a guest appearance by Dave Foley.