• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Just moved out here too, any help with jobs/place to live??

gollum

TRIBE Member
Hey just relocated from Ontario, currently living in Mission until I can find work, or a nice place to live.

Looking to find a shared apartment or sublet in Commercial Drive area.

Looking for work in the computer field, primarily programming, but open to almost anything. Don't have any networking/tech repair experience. about 5 years programming etc.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Shann

TRIBE Member
Try Vancouver craigslist. Some decent listings there....

We found our place by walking by it....

As for jobs, dont know of much....

hahaha I am really not much help at all here but welecome to Vancouver anyway! :D

billy

TRIBE Member
vancouver still seems to be a place that torontonians think is the ultimate escape. i've heard of people for years making the trek out west as if no one had thought of it before.

in the end it sounds like i would find a city full of ex-torontonians. i've only been in vancouver for a few hours and it seems like a lovely place, but why not somewhere else? why not go out east? how about montreal? the mountains are nice but if you don't ski or board don't they just become scenery?

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending toronto, just perplexed as to why many seem to think that vancouver will change their lives.

my real point though was, why would you move out somewhere thousands of miles away with n o home or job set up?

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by billy
vancouver still seems to be a place that torontonians think is the ultimate escape. i've heard of people for years making the trek out west as if no one had thought of it before.

in the end it sounds like i would find a city full of ex-torontonians. i've only been in vancouver for a few hours and it seems like a lovely place, but why not somewhere else? why not go out east? how about montreal? the mountains are nice but if you don't ski or board don't they just become scenery?

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending toronto, just perplexed as to why many seem to think that vancouver will change their lives.

my real point though was, why would you move out somewhere thousands of miles away with n o home or job set up?
i assume moving out east (montreal) would pose a greater challenge in finding work, especially if you dont speak french. I've been tossing around the idea of moving out east (halifax) or vancouver, however im leaning toward van... how could one possibly refuse the ocean, mountains, trees, all that glorious snowboarding! also the 'laidbackness' of the city is certainly a drawing factor for some. montreal is also quite beautiful but a completely different pace. I would have waaaay too much fun living there.. :p

moving anywhere will change your life.:) staying within canada is a great way to explore without risking too much.

Last edited:

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~

moving anywhere will change your life.:) staying within canada is a great way to explore without risking too much.
i'm all for that!! alberta has mountains and snowboarding too though. why is no one moving there?

akiras

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by billy
alberta has mountains and snowboarding too though. why is no one moving there?
I just made the move from Toronto to Alberta. And loving it. It's soooo beautiful, you should all move to Alberta!