• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Just learning Cubase

rulz

TRIBE Member
where is the bass ? ????

kick sounds overcompressed / too loud

those clap fx are dunno too wierd

synthy line is pretty cool

beats need some work though there is nothing wrong with them but sounds too plain :)))

my advice would be get a decent loop first with bass some keys just basically build a "backbone of the track" then expand it add fx

my first works sounded very similar though lol

to tune that kick i would advice you to download ozone mastering and just browse and fuck around with presets cuz those can teach you A LOT about tuning things right

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
"big wake up.... wake yer ass up... cumon."

good start thats for sure... just needs to be EQ'd alittle. but you got the form and structure down forsure.

Don C

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the feedback guys! The sample is taken from the intro of Biggie's "Going Back To Cali" where Puffy is trying to wake him up and get him to the airport on time.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Don C said:
Thanks for the feedback guys! The sample is taken from the intro of Biggie's "Going Back To Cali" where Puffy is trying to wake him up and get him to the airport on time.

Hey Don...have you head that Puffy and Felix da Houscat track that's out......? Give er a listen.

Don C

TRIBE Member
Haven't heard that yet, but I do remember hearing that diddy was getting into house music, and wanted to try his hand at producing it. Will definitely giver a listen.

db

TRIBE Member
First thing I notice: When you drop in the kick you need to keep the bass walking all the time instead of just playing the short riff every other bar. The bass is what ultimately holds a track together. It's quite noticeable if it's not really part of the groove.

Otherwise sounds are good, just needs better arrangement to give it more impact. Good start -- keep on working. :)

Don C

TRIBE Member
Thanks db, I hear what you're saying and I agree.

The way I went about making this one was to create a very basic kick loop - that you're talking about - built more basic repetitive loops of the other sounds on top, but then started rearranging those other sounds first to build a groove.

I guess what you're saying is that I should have started that rearranging process with the kick first, which makes sense. It is on my "to do" list, but I was going to do that part last.

The kick, hat, clap, and "pong" sound are still all just the same thing repeating throughout the whole track, but my intention is to work these channels over one by one so that they aren't so straightforward, and so that they work with the groove I'm building.

Hopefully I'm addressing what you were talking about here, and making sense!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories