• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

just a little harmless sex.

smile

TRIBE Member
why do girls get so turned off when a guy friend of theirs simply "just wants to have sex" with them, as opposed to having a relationship?

i mean it's not like we don't want to be down with you and chill and do all that "friend" stuff too....we just think you're hot and wouldn't mind doing the dirty!

:D

nah, but for real...i'm wondering why females are mostly lookiung for more "relationship-y" guys and not "friendly benefits".

this might not make much sense, it's 3am....i hope i got the point across, more or less.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Because girls (and matured fags) know deep down that they deserve more than that.

But who am I to talk?

smile

TRIBE Member
more than WHAT?

can't a person just want sex, and not be like a sleaze?

i mean there's tons of really nice, non-weird people out there (guys and girls) who just aren't into relationships, and who have um...shall we say NEEDS.

smile

TRIBE Member
nah, i'm not ugly.

and who said this was about me in the first place?

ASSUME = ass out of YOU and ME

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by smile

ASSUME = ass out of YOU and ME

the first time I heard that was in Saved by the Bell - a teacher was saying something to Zack and told him not to assume anything as it makes an ASS out of U & ME.

vench <----why do I remember things like this????

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Because girls (and matured fags) know deep down that they deserve more than that.

I think this is a really good answer, Sunny!!

When I read your post, Smile, I was trying to find the answer to your question- why don't girls like to have casual sex with friends....

First of all, Im not going to speak for all women, because many DO like casual sex with friends, there's nothing wrong with it. But personally, if I was to have sex with a friend just for the sake of having sex, first of all, it would most certainly totally change our friendship.

Second, I don't need to have sex so badly that I just want to do it with any friend that looks hot. There's more to sex than just a physical component, and that's why many women look for a relationship as well.

adios
Laura

willis

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

But who am I to talk?

That’s bullshit, nobody’s above a friendly romp.

Most men don’t know how to approach the situation, where as most females would feel very objectified in such a relationship but tend to be better at keeping a healthy friendship (with benefits) going. It takes a very mutual, very real friendship for both men n women to comfortably be lovers/friends. Unfortunately most people are too immature, selfish, or sensitive too be capable of having a “fuck friend.”

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I've learned that I do sleep better with a little romping around under the covers. But in the end, there is a part of me that wishes that I wasn't a cheap lay. That I'm not a suck machine.

I deserve affection.
Respect.
Caring.
Emotional reciprocation.
Tenderness.
To feel I am worth more than just the sexual.

But I do the cheap thrill thing anyway. Casual sex is like smoking. I know it's bad for me but it feels good at the time. But you wake up not really breathing properly and all nasty-feeling.

But then sometimes, yeah, I DO like to finish off, and have a smoke on the porch. Or turn arrund and go to bed.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by willis

That’s bullshit, nobody’s above a friendly romp.

Most men don’t know how to approach the situation, where as most females would feel very objectified in such a relationship but tend to be better at keeping a healthy friendship (with benefits) going. It takes a very mutual, very real friendship for both men n women to comfortably be lovers/friends. Unfortunately most people are too immature, selfish, or sensitive too be capable of having a “fuck friend.”

I totally agree. Me included.

My statement was ironic.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
why do girls get so turned off when a guy friend of theirs simply "just wants to have sex" with them, as opposed to having a relationship?

i mean it's not like we don't want to be down with you and chill and do all that "friend" stuff too....we just think you're hot and wouldn't mind doing the dirty!

nah, but for real...i'm wondering why females are mostly lookiung for more "relationship-y" guys and not "friendly benefits".

this might not make much sense, it's 3am....i hope i got the point across, more or less.

But do you see the slant on your statements?
You connote that you just want to bang the chick. How post-modern of you.

I mean, ok, so she's hot and she's willing and you want to show her how hot she is. Would you do it if you were to only satisfy her orally till she came and you wouldn't get any sex out of it? I highly doubt it. The roots of you wanting to do the dirty, IMO, is from selfishness and horniness. That's an observation. Feel free to retort.

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
Too often it changes the dynamic of the friendship to something not as good as the way it was pre-sex. Which is why I have been staying away from it, I lost some good friends that way.

air-bag

TRIBE Member

Because the social norms of our western civilization have developed in a way that is closely bounded to religeous practices, and we all know how a "good" girl should behave according to Christian maxims.
Therefore, your super ego that subconsciously controls your mind would make most girls feel guilty for wanting to have sex for the sake of sex even if their ego, i.e. consciousness tells them that they are free of all prejudice and act strictly on their own accord.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I was having sex with a friend for a while...no biggie. We started joking about it and then it happened. I was fine with being just friends. It's funny because I was interested in him when we first met, and then I lost interest, and -then- we had sex. :)

So yeah, I don't know how you can say girls aren't interested in casual sex with a friend. Most of mine are. ;) Actually, a few of my female friends have been in the situation where they were sleeping with a guy friend for a while, and the guy went and said he loved them. And it freaked them out. So I don't think all girls are about relationships, and all guys are into casual sex. I know some guys who have been way worse emotionally about girls than vice-versa.

A friend of mine tried to kiss me this weekend, but I stopped him. Yeah, casual sex is great but I got the impression that there was more emotionally invested in the kiss than I am interested in. I feel kinda weirded out because he's a great guy, and he was all, "what do you think of me?" Yuck. Maybe I'm just dumb, I could have gotten laid. Ha.

I will say though that relationship sex is way better than casual sex. And a girl I know has slept with approximately 75 guys. (barf)

~jen

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
argh......Monday.......*brain fog*

I'd have fun sex with a friend.............but that cuz right now I know I don't want a relationship. I also spent the last few years waiting for Mr. Perfect, who in fact wasn't so Perfect after all. So I guess it's a matter of where your heads at and where you've been previously..............right now, I want to know what's out there and have fun. Sex :D or no Sex :(

Although when there's no "relationship", there's no real affection either...............and sometimes I want that too.... :(

poker face

TRIBE Member
I think you can't be that close with your friend and have sex, it will change the relationship and things will get wierd if you bring someone else around."fuck friends" are possible you just have to make sure everything is cool before it happens.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl
I also spent the last few years waiting for Mr. Perfect,
?

That's your problem right there. ;)

Sometimes guys are the ones who get all freaky relationship-like when girls just want someone to sleep with.
It's not that there aren't any girls out there just looking for a quick fix from a friend... it might be that the ones you know aren't looking.

Although it's nice to have a fuck friend when you're single, you can't just expect it.

Pete

Sassy

TRIBE Member
I've tried having sex with "friends", usually gets too complicated to actually work thats why I prefer strangers :D (Just kidding!)

CC

TRIBE Member
despite the fact that i have had very good luck in the past with sexual relationships with friends, i think that it gets old. (i've had about 5 or 6 of these situations and every one of them turned out great with no hassles). and no i don't fall into either one of sunny's categories (gay or female). strangly i do find myself wanting more lately. if i want a cheap thrill, i got a hand. i actually want to find all the other intimate stuff lately. i'm all about finding that special person that you can just lie and cuddle with and feel completely happy....

^^^oh my god... what have i become?????!?!!!! i'm getting old!!!

CC