• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jungle Mc's should know there Place!!*@!!"#!!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Dynamite is honestly the only MC I've ever been able to enjoy. The rest just seem to be fueling their ego with random blathering.

The funny thing about MC's in Toronto, or most places in North America for that matter, is that they all try to sound like their black and british. This is fucking laughable, since they're almost 99% of the time NEITHER.

Create your own style - or get off please

my .50

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

allsides

TRIBE Member
That's funny, I was talking with some people on Friday about the same thing. I think there are alot of quality MC's out there but there are alot of aspiring MC's who come out and blather into the mic, they need more practice, I think they should have there lyrics taped and then force them to listen to there own shitty sound. I know at Fever on Friday's I often have to tell the MC's to shut up or sometimes take the mic for a bit. My biggest issue is the fact that alot of newer MC's don't seem to understand not to rhyme during the DJ's mix or over vocals in the track or over a DJ who does not want an MC, I find you have to be rude to alot of them, it is the only time they seem to listen.And this does not go for all MC's at all, like I said there are a lot of quality MC's in southern Ontario. Know on Friday's I book 1 to 2 MC's only, if you are caught MCing on a night your night booked, then you lose your next 2 bookings, sad but it's the only way to keep control.

peace
rare-t

nleye10d1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oeretS
Dynamite is honestly the only MC I've ever been able to enjoy. The rest just seem to be fueling their ego with random blathering.

The funny thing about MC's in Toronto, or most places in North America for that matter, is that they all try to sound like their black and british. This is fucking laughable, since they're almost 99% of the time NEITHER.

Create your own style - or get off please

my .50

How does one sound black?

I'm going to be the next one to sound yellow!

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker
Ok, I know this should probably go in the party reviews forum or the Jungle room, but I think this topic needs to be brought to the attention of everybody.
Here's the backdrop for my displeasure...
Last night I went to NASA for their DnB night (I can't remember the name) and it was pretty cool except for this CLOWN of an MC.
This guy just would not shut the fuck up! But, this is to be expected when going to a small DnB party, but that's not what's got be ranting. Later in the night this Live DNB band gets on stage, with a guitarist and drummer and vocalist and sampler/keyboard guy. They had a bit of technical problems to begin with but they eventually got going and things were starting to pick up. The girl singing had a beautiful voice but I didn't get the chance to hear it cuz this tard of an mc kept blabbering away.
If anyone knows who this guy on the mic is, quietly pullhim aside and tell him to shut his pie hole once in a while. Like seriously, if this dude wants to hear himself speak that badly, by a fucking tape recorder and go crazy, then get some earphones and keep it to YOURSELF! dumbass! :mad:
I had to get this off of my chest cuz that girl did have a really, really nice voice and MC ASsCRacK just ruined it

again...DumBAsS

Stew

this is the #1 reason why drum & bass/jungle SUX!!! this is drum & bass people.....electronic music, not rap. some mc's are "OK" and i stress "OK", but drum & bass would be a million times better without them...

just my thoughts...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by T
MC's are an important element of Jungle / D'n'B regardless of your personal tastes.

Some MC's are just better than others.

:)

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? d&b would be a million times better without them. i had like a 100 jungle cd's....90% instrumental and 10% with mc's....lets just say that the ones with mc's never get any playing time. and these are supposed to be the upscale mc's from the uk.

music sounds much much better without some toad trying to rap over the music...[LOL]

emcee ytee

TRIBE Member
I should change my name to Ytee the Host or something. When I started partying if there was an mc he barely ever spoke. Just got the crowd hype. That is why I mc the way I do. A lot of the quick tongue guys were influenced by the guys when they started, Skibba and Shabba. No worries I think that the dj's are just about tired of the rapid shit and will be making room for the hosts like myself, tragedy, and pryce. well hopefully.

maddog

TRIBE Member
Heres my 2 c

It may seem dumb but I used to be a real huge dnb head and still love the music.

Heres the answer, from 1 DJ to another, it's your job to shut up the MC or speak with him in advace

You are the show not the MC... Some exceptions but I think Toronto's DJ's should get together since many of you hang out anyways and just decide what you want.
People go to hear music not continuous rambling nonsence
Weed this weed that, drink this drink that. Come on now a ten year old can do that

It's obvious a huge amount of people dont' care for MC's
Some are really good, my pet peave is there is an art to being on the mic, I know I'm going to get sauced by some but look at
Sean Paul his beats are same tempo do dnb, I dont know what he's saying because I'm not familiar with the lingo but you get my point, he's a song writer and he's got melodies.
Maybe some of these promoters should try booking a real hip hop Headline mc or 2 and see what they can do to the music.

What do these mcs do all day, I love Fearless cause he has lyrics you can rap along to, hes a performer and he's hype:D Him and Kenny's 3 hour set at the Warehouse in 99 was when I was in love with it all
Skibbadee would be untouchable if he'd learn the music and respect a song or a vocal!

Anyways if you want something to change than really as a dj its' up to them to shut them up... Whats' the MC going to say no!!!
Yeah right

Make more nights with no MC and see how they go but it's the promoters fault for booking 6 mcs and not expect them to start fucking around

There is a thing called volume to, if the mc is really sucking I think there should be a heavy by the sound man that shuts it down

But who am I

I love the music and I'm down with good thoughtful, creative MCs
The right people just need to speak up, not the fans only but the DJs and promoters and just lay down the law

souldriven

TRIBE Member
wow, you have no idea

you have no idea that there is NEW BLOOD in the jungle MC circle...

look for MC Enlight...

i saw him at OM...

and shit, he was fucking breaking up the crowd

with his mad lyrical stylez!

you have NO idea about the talent..

check 'em when you can!

twist

TRIBE Member
you can tell the nation about this and you can tell my fucking cornhole about that.

All I know is 'zoom zoom' and 'for shizzle' sound like jah rule on his worst day... uber fucking wack.

Dude turn the fucking mic down...

And every now and then try using some different adjectives and nouns.

Show respect and learn when to shutup so I can here the godamn mix.

I'm here to see this dj spin some big bad bass... why do you think I stood in line and paid for the fucking tix.

And another thing any mongo with a mic can call for another reload.

But three or four in a row... I was feelin that mix... for a change why don't you just let it fucking roll.

Now I can see how Knowledge and Wisdom can seem a little hectic.

When they're all yellin constantly just waiting for one to stop so the other can spit.

But fuck you all if you think that's all it is and can't ever recognize the vibe.

Cause I was there when they flexed 10 or 12 mc's starting with my man dem tenor fly.

Feedin off each others energy they moved the crowd and that place came the fuck alive.

I don't rhyme as much as I'd like, but I'll love the cipher til the day I fucking die.

Two sides to a coin I understand if the vocal soundclash just isn't your thing.

But you'd have to be an utter twat to totally ignore the intensity that good mc's bring.

Loads of kids think garage is a load of fluffy english R and B trash.

Try mc'ing to hip hop full speed on 45... it takes mad skill to keep a flow and rhyme that fucking fast.

Check the new shy fx redub of a weak beat 2 step track with mc's from the heartless crew.

The lyrics and rythms are tight, and this chick mc... trust she's just plain fucking rude.

In addition to music... moderation is the key.

I fiend for that straight nasty jungle... but I still love a good mc.

Cmon... I mean spouting off that all mcing is completely fucking wack.

That's like saying I don't like any of you people... why? because you're black.

If you just don't like the usual caddy repetition or the natural attitude or whatever mc that's on every single flyer

Then open your eyes and keep your ear to the ground... I know tons of dope mc's but without propa support how can I ever expect to hear them get on stage and call for some fucking fiya.

I'm not a big fan of jazz but there's some that's fucking sick.

If you don't like terrawrist's 3 well then really... you can suck up on this dick.

There is good in almost anything so keep an open mind and remember you just have to look hard enough.

I'll agree that many mc's suck but I know that on the flip... there some that define a whole new dimension of ruff.

A dope mc is a dope mc with or without a record deal all can see.

And a proper lyricist can make a good set graduate to dangerous... but that's just me.

(game set and match... Kenny ken at mach 1 with stevie hyper d)

In closing this a debate on personal preference and what's the final answer? Well only you will ever know.

The only certain thing is when that mc calls for noise ain't no yellin boom... only...

fucking bo.

maddog

TRIBE Member
Soul Driven - Who has no idea?

Who are you talking too:confused:

Of course there's talent out there,
I'd really hope so with Hip Hop as big as it is.
That's not what I was saying though
What I was saying is that MC's and DJs should work as a team and not some guy rambling on and on... that is all

J

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by emcee ytee
I should change my name to Ytee the Host or something. When I started partying if there was an mc he barely ever spoke. Just got the crowd hype. That is why I mc the way I do. A lot of the quick tongue guys were influenced by the guys when they started, Skibba and Shabba. No worries I think that the dj's are just about tired of the rapid shit and will be making room for the hosts like myself, tragedy, and pryce. well hopefully.

Ytee is one of my faves for that reason. The man hypes the crowd but doesn`t ruin the jungle. Big-ups Ytee!!!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
YESSSS...

MC Ytee!!!!!!!

I just finished piece'n together Dirty Sand Chess issue 4!!! Sending some to you Cure, JC and cru..LONDON CRUE!!!
great to see you on here...just don't get addicted like me (post count- over 1000...damn i need a new jawb!)

Destro

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
I'VE SAID IT BEFORE & I'LL SAY IT AGAIN......MC'S HAVE NO BUSINESS ON STAGE WITH THE DJ'S. LET THE DJ & HIS/HER RECORDS PERFORM ITS MAGIK BY ITSELF