• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Juice for Life

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I am bored and am just wondering if anyone else loves this place :)
If you do - do you have any recommendations - I am going there for lunch

My favorite is their Beach rice bowl and Date Almond shake

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Mm, that place is so good...haven't eaten there often but I do love their avocado sandwiches. I think I had something called a Buddha Bowl another time? That was good too.

~jen

mingster

TRIBE Member
my favorite is the mega-life salad with wild ginger dressing.

i also really like the magic tofu sandwich. yummmm. and those spring rolls!!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i dig the buddha bowl, the sweet potato fries, and they have a falafel/middle eastern platter thats quite good too.

i really dont like the miso gravy, but i think i'm in the minority on that one.

i'm talking about Fresh though... the J4L restaurants.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Just wish they served veal. ;)

moooo, why must you eat my brothers and sisters liz?

veal.jpg

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
The one I go to is Fresh on Queen - I have never heard of their sweet potato fries though - yumm

the Fresh beside Le Chateau doesnt have a deep fryer so they dont serve fries.
the Fresh which is farther west, like out near Trinity Bellwoods Park has the fries on the menu.

vinder

TRIBE Member
since someone started a thread on it already...

so a little while back i went to my first vegetarian restaurant, fresh (on bloor/bathurst). i was pleasantly surprised as i'm very much a carnivore and usually veggie meals just don't satisfy me. the food was really tasty and healthy, and i left with a full stomach!

so i was wondering, and this goes out to the veggies and anyone else who's eaten at vegetarian places, what are some of your fav veggie restaurants? i really would like to try more and am looking for some recommendations!

edit: isn't juice for life called fresh now?

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
I've only been to the one on bloor. i like their ceasar salad. I get it every time! I would avoid teh brown rice sushi tho.. it's pre-made and It's kidof hard.

There is a newish vegan restaurant on baldwin that I think is better tho, it's called 'vegetarian haven.' I really like their curry pad thai and their king prawn souper bowl.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I think Fresh's menu just varies slightly - like the one on queen doesnt have fries and stuff like that - but they would basically be the same I think - and off I go to get a yummy lunch ...

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Re: since someone started a thread on it already...

Originally posted by vinder
so i was wondering, and this goes out to the veggies and anyone else who's eaten at vegetarian places, what are some of your fav veggie restaurants? i really would like to try more and am looking for some recommendations!

There's a place at 666 Dundas West (near Bathurst) called Buddha's...it's Chinese vegetarian. They make "mock duck" and stuff like that...it doesn't really taste like meat but it's filling and if you have a stirfry type of dish, you don't notice the missing meat. It's delicious and quite cheap.

~jen

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
I think Fresh's menu just varies slightly - like the one on queen doesnt have fries and stuff like that - but they would basically be the same I think - and off I go to get a yummy lunch ...

they have all the different menu's for the different locations on their website.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fightingskurvy
There is a newish vegan restaurant on baldwin that I think is better tho, it's called 'vegetarian haven.' I really like their curry pad thai and their king prawn souper bowl.

Aren't prawn's seafood, and therefore not vegetarian?

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Aren't prawn's seafood, and therefore not vegetarian?

they aren't real prawns. they taste like them but they are made from taro flour. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done w/ alternatives to meat/fish.

edited to say: this restarant is hardcore vegan, so they wouldn't have anything like real prawns.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Juice for Life has a cookbook and it's pretty good. I've made a bunch of stuff out of it and the only thing that was gross was the carrot / coriander soup.

Everything else was really yummy and even the carnivore-to-the-extreme that I regularly cook for liked it.