• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Joy Orbison at Wrongbar

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i thought he was really good. i had a great time once i got used to dancing with my parka in my arms because coat check was full. ;-) he played a nice mix of old and new - including lots of tracks from his recent RA podcast. the place was busy, but the crowd was friendly and not pushy. sorry that's all i've got!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I thought the first half hour of Orbison's set was really great, but from there it was a bit too heavy and frenetic for me. I found a few of the numbers even bordered on 'bro' territory. Kevin McPhee was amazing as an opener and played a really great set of stripped down warehouse inspired house rollers with deep chords and pads and warm, rich basslines. It was so great!

Decent crowd out and it was good to see some familiar faces.

I'd give the night a 7/10.

erika

TRIBE Member
thanks guys
mandapanda, there's always a place you can stash it :)
spence, that helps me think I did the right thing :)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
thanks guys
mandapanda, there's always a place you can stash it :)
normally this wouldn't be an issue, but i usually bring my beater parka that i don't care about when clubbing, but not this time. the coat i was wearing was too expensive to stash in a corner and potentially lose. lesson: learned!

we missed kevin mcphee sadly. damn disco nap!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders