1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Joonya T & Dirty Dale at Lily on Thursday

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by octo, Oct 2, 2010.

1. octo

octo TRIBE Member

I don't normally go out on Thursdays but Erika's exhibit got me out.

all i wanted was to listen to some deep house to recharge my soul. what I got was my best night out of the year!

after the renos it's become a no nonsense space. a dj booth, a dance floor and a bar. it brought back memories of the roxy blu basement and element basement.

once the place filled up the vibe was amazing. lots dancers. lots of dancing. chico on the congas and trumpet. lots of fantastic music. i almost self combusted when dale dropped the whistle song.

i really needed a night of getting lost and sweaty on the dance floor. i feel inspired. i feel like everything is ok. as i'm typing this listening to a mix, Black Coffee - Juju comes in and it brings me back to the dancefloor and i feel good inside.

i will be back!

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Dale's Thursday nights, now with the addition of Joonya T, pretty well always do the right thing that way.
    I've followed him from Bird to Octapus to Toika to Li'ly, and never been disappointed.

And yes, the basement at Li'ly is great now - has that instant after-hours vibe in a good way :)

3. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

Very solid event as stated. I loved the percussion too.

There is something wrong with their soundsystem though. When the DJ cuts the low end it cuts the left side of the room out. I don't think the DJs hear it but it's a strange problem.

4. hahnsa

hahnsa TRIBE Member

best thursday night toronto has got going on by far. always consistently good. good music, good vibe, good people.

5. JoonyaT

JoonyaT TRIBE Member

Back At It Again Tonight ....

Gearing Up For Our Month Long (1 Year Celebration) in a few weeks:)

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

And again last night:
    instant booze can feel when you walk in the door
    all the dance geeks really just doing their thing and having a blast
    always a good vacation :)