• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jon Tremblay and Matt Coleridge - Breathe @ System Soundbar

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
Well what an unexpected night, always wanted to catch Tremblay in action and arrived at System just as he was up. Jon you didn't dissapoint, Prog, Breaks, Trance, and techno! Wish I could have stayed around to meet ya but there will be a next time for sure.
Didn't really see a lot of peeps out there but the club was packed. Thanks to Matt for the GL and congrats on a good night!!

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
yeah, great job jon...first time really listening & dancing to an entire set & the crowd loved every minute...some great tunes & a couple of nice encores which were well deserved...really fun night...

always too much fun at system...thanks to everyone for making this night another great night out at system!!!

jc

BarneyIllfingas

TRIBE Member
Yes! Great night. Couldn't stick around for too long but as we left Matt was slipping into that electro funk groove that destroyed Stereobar last week. The Omid to L&R, to Playgroove was awesome! Congrats to System for keeping'er rolling when the city's suppossed to be sleeping. True indication that the Soundbar is the leader of the pack.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I'm so proud of Jon! He stepped up and delivered when the pressure was on ... proving that our Toronto locals can be just as good as the big name guests we bring in. Awesome high-energy set that kept people on the dancefloor right to the end. Two encores too!

Wow January locals nights are going to be a lot of fun! So much energy in that room tonight!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Richard Raiban
all i have to say is that jon tremblay killed it.......
Agreed.

Had a great night last night. Got in around 1:30 as Matt was playing a nice set, setting up perfectly for Jon to take the decks.

I left very impressed. He actually had me on the floor shaking my ass. It was great to see so many people out dancing their asses off.

Jon should definitely get to play again based on last nights performance.

Great job Jon.

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Agreed.

Had a great night last night. Got in around 1:30 as Matt was playing a nice set, setting up perfectly for Jon to take the decks.

I left very impressed. He actually had me on the floor shaking my ass. It was great to see so many people out dancing their asses off.

Jon should definitely get to play again based on last nights performance.

Great job Jon.
jon even had me shaking around in the dj booth...

i dont know how im going to even compete next friday.....jon leashed bombs left right & center

Vcakes

TRIBE Member
Wow, turned out to be a great night!

After NY, I didn't expect much. Finding out the VIP room was closed for the entire night, my expectations were even lower. The crowd was thin but who cares. The tunes were fantasic!!!

Matt rocked!! And Jon, I've heard him several times but I think that was truly the best set from him I have ever heard. So great, my friends had left the dance floor and I didn't even notice. I danced for several minutes until I noticed. LOL!!! And the backroom always rocks!! Mmmm Breaks!!!

Poot

TRIBE Member
I really wanted to make it out to this one - especially after New Year's Eve:

Jon played the small, private house party I attended for a solid 5 or 6 hours - and kept the place absolutely rocking. Even my house/techno/all things electronic- averse boyfriend left the evening saying, "hmmm, that guy is pretty good". (I can't get this guy to listen to a full CD when he is locked in my car)

Jon absolutely rocked it - at one point the dining room (yes, dining room) contained no fewer than 20 of the 30 or so in attendance jumping, dancing, and pumping in unison.

For a small, private party without the anonymity of a darkened dance floor, I think we can all admit - such participation does indeed take some good skill on the part of the DJ.

Way to go Jon - I look forward to being present the next time you headline System - because without doubt, there WILL be a next time :)

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
I too popped in to give Jon some support and once again he didn't disappoint! I'm with Matt in his sentiments that our locals just seem to be going from strength to strength ...

Well done Jon ... you are amazing!

Linds x

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Jon Tremblay

TRIBE Member

This was definetly a better night then expected. Considering new years was two days prior to this night, so many people told me system would be dead. Well I can say it was not the case. There was about 600 people at the club and they unleashed such a great vibe. People were dancing t'ill the moment I got off the decks.
I got there around 11:30 to listen to Coleridge open things up nicely and to get a few drinks in me to calm my nerves. The club was starting to fill in nicely, but more importantly they were on the dancefloor ripping shit up. Stepping behind the decks at 2am watching over such an enthousiastic crowd was definetly the ice-breaker, I knew at that point I was going to have a good time. 4 hours seemed to fly by and much of that had to do with the vibe the club had that night. I still can't believe I played two encores!! on what was to be a slow night on a rainy day.

Matt, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity, this was just another example of you being a dj's dj and how much you appreciate the scene, the music and what Toronto has to offer.
To everyone else that made it out that night thank you for your support and your kinds words, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Jon~

Last edited:

unklespins

TRIBE Member
sorry that i missed this night, was still in NYC for new year's....

congrat's to jonny t!!! sounds like he ripped it...next time, next time...will be there for sure!!!!

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sorry I missed this... I fell alseep as soon as I got home from work and didn't wake up untll late. :(

glad to ehar things went well Jonny Boy... keep up the good work.

ludikris

TRIBE Member
and it rained up at blue mtn when I could've come down ... doh :mad:

oh well, next time.. nice jon.. good on yah.

ludi

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ nice won progg boy...:p

met yah out in the east end a while back dude, you were with a good friends brother of mine and friend(Wesley) @ Caseys... good to hear you rocked it out man.... good up on yah :)

take care and too many more prog throwdowns :p

stewartdouglas:D

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
It was a pretty good night, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the good turnout.... guess not everyone was suffering post-NYE!

Matt delivered the sound I've come to expect from him - warm, chuggy, brand spankin' new tracks.... all impeccibly mixed. It was a good way to start off the new year.

Really nice to finally meet Jon, and hear him live. I couldn't make it to the end but the 2 hours I caught sounded great! Well done indeed.... hope your return won't be too long.

Jon Tremblay

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Psyrel
It was a pretty good night, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the good turnout.... guess not everyone was suffering post-NYE!

Matt delivered the sound I've come to expect from him - warm, chuggy, brand spankin' new tracks.... all impeccibly mixed. It was a good way to start off the new year.

Really nice to finally meet Jon, and hear him live. I couldn't make it to the end but the 2 hours I caught sounded great! Well done indeed.... hope your return won't be too long.
it was nice to meet you as well, glad you stuck around for a few hours, it was a tough night to go out that's for sure which is why I'm so impressed with our crowd. Hopefully I'll meet more of you soon, but until then, you can enjoy my monthly mixes.