• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Johnny Fiasco - Saturday February 8 2014.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Wow I feel like such an old timer today. All my muscles are aching from dancing, and my lower back is in knots.

I haven't danced like that in a long time. Good to run into Dirty Girl.

It was spectacular. And it starts with the people who run it, and they're world class indivduals. I haven't seen such a nice staff, bouncers. etc. Super. Really quality folks here.

It was a rinse job since the get go. I haven't heard to much amazing techno and tech house in a long time. The crowd was mature.

I don't know it was just that good. I actually had the opportunity to speak with Fiasco and the dude's the nicest guy ever.

Well done. Absolutely brought their A game for this one. I'm quite fond of how Fiasco can switch between jazzy house, then just deliver the most obscene techno at the flip of a switch.

Stop Bill C-10

JamesM

TRIBE Member
12416672103_bb7e24a02e_z.jpg

12416674553_d86190c9dd_z.jpg

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
It was my first time seeing Johnny Fiasco and threw down one of the most diverse yet still awesome house sets I've ever heard. He was going for 3 hours when the power cut out. Too bad, because I think he woulda kept going until Monday :D
I definitely won't miss him next time he comes to the city. He made a lot of new fans last Saturday.
Loopity Goofs and Miz Megs rocked it as usual to open. I've never heard a bad set from any of them before. Keep on, keeping on!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Nice review Sean and that is exactly what I heard. Eddie bones said the exact same thing, but he wasn't sure if the power going off was expected or not. He the sets were absolutely sick. Man, that place just has some crazy parties!

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the videos James, it's great to reminisce the night.. I'll have to meet ya at the next event we are both at!

Keep posting any more you might have too!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
I'm quite fond of how Fiasco can switch between jazzy house, then just deliver the most obscene techno at the flip of a switch.
I brought along a few Fiasco first-timers (T-Dot House included ;)). Before the show, one of them asked me what it was about Fiasco that I liked so much - your quote here pretty much nailed it. Not much to add. Crowd was great. Busy, but still enough room to shake it. Very happy to see the Locol group back with all guns a-blazin'! James, pleasure meeting you in the side room - Killer vidz, too, btw!

JamesM

TRIBE Member
absolutely nice speaking with you. I didn't realize you were sylent syd until I punched you into the internets.

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
absolutely nice speaking with you. I didn't realize you were sylent syd until I punched you into the internets.
I'm pretty sure I did tell you, but I do tend to mumble...and it was loud trying to talk above the music at times, so you'd be forgiven if you didn't hear me...lol...