• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

John Stewart will bomb (as in perform poorly) at the Oscars.

Kevan Duke

TRIBE Member
Just my prediction.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's fantastic. Super funny. SUper talented. SUper charismatic. SUper gonna crash and burn.

I really hope I'm wrong actually, but I just have this huge huge feeling in the pit of my stomach....

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I think he'll be solid.

He's got a wide appeal and even those on the 'right' find him earnest and funny. The liberal jews in the academy are gonna eat his schtick up.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I think he's going to be fantastic...he'll even try to push the envelope a bit more than past hosts considering his political background...he'll do fine,a LOT of the actors present have been on his show and know exactly what he's capable of

Kevan Duke

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
I think he'll be solid.

He's got a wide appeal and even those on the 'right' find him earnest and funny. The liberal jews in the academy are gonna eat his schtick up.
Hunh? Who cares what the academy thinks? They couldn't possibly affect the outcome of whether the tv audience ho-hums his bits.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
he's undeniably one of the quickest and smartest comedic minds out there right now who's got his finger on the pulse... he'll do more than fine i'm sure.

d

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
if you really break it down who HAS done poorly at oscar hosting??....I can count on one hand(maybe a few finger more) how many hosts there have been...they've all been fairly successful...even dave had his moments even if they were seldom:D

Stewart may not be as prolific but he's a comedically sharp as anyone you can ever ask to host

could be worse too...jimmy Fallon could have been asked to host:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kevan Duke

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:
I can't wait to see who he'll go after first...that's why I loved Rock as host...not afraid to ruffle those feathers
Chris Rock hosting the MTV awards in 2000 or 2001 is an alltime classic of awards-show hosting

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i think he will do very well... he's funny.. but knows not to go crazy with stupid unfunny jokes that will piss people off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
I think no matter how bad it is, it won't even compare to the awkward snooze fest that is any Canadian awards show.

D-Rea

TRIBE Member
i am pissed i am going to miss the awards. john stewart is the only reason i want to watch it. i think he will be on-point for sure. he always is.

i wish there was somewhere on the internet i could watch it.

more like wishful thinking.

I don't think he'll be back next year. While he is funny, he's still got teeth with his satire. Billy Crystal and Steve Martin know how to be funny and harmless.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I'd say he's doing a damn fine job. Doesn't matter if he comes back next year, he's made his mark.

I dont really like her, but I thought Ellen Degeneres was a shoe-in for this hosting gig...

This whole poking fun without making fun shtick is soo up her alley.

Mind you, if I was gunna produce this, I'd get Kathy Griffin... you know that shit would be WIIKKKKIEDD

I actually think Jon Stewart blows... he's not funny, he's not even that biting... he is just deadpan boring. Lots of sympathetic laughter, but no real full belly chuckles... he's doing better at the off-the-cuff remarks, but the opening monolog blew goats.

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
I <3 Jon Stewart!!!

When he laughs at himself I can't do anything but crack up as well. He's funny and witty. I thought he did well. Though the rest of the awards bored me off my ass!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
john stewart did an awesome job. i thought he was really funny and totally held his own.
"i can't wait to see what happens to us next! trilogy!!" = awesome+++

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Jon Stewart was perfectly fine and funny imo. The audience, on the other hand, seemed a little *stiff* to his jokes. Ok, yeah, of course he could have pushed it, but hey, what'd'ya think this is, "The Daily Show"?

That Colbert-hosted bit on homoerotic tendencies in classic Westerns was funny as hell though. That last image of Charlton Heston? Priceless. :D

Hey, at least Jack found it funny.