• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

John Baird.

Because when the crack allegations against Ford came out, they at least had a photo of him with identifiable criminals to back it up.

All they need is a screenshot or some kind of proof that shows Baird in a compromising position, and the mainstream media will be all over this. Until then, they'd be setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
CBC to staff:

CBC management has directed its staff to “stay away” from any speculation about Conservative MP John Baird’s personal life, according to a leaked internal memo.

“There is speculation and rumour circulating on social media about John Baird’s personal life as it may or may not relate to his resignation,” wrote Paul Hambleton, the CBC’s managing editor of radio and television news, in an email sent Feb 4. Baird announced his resignation as foreign affairs minister on Feb 3.

“Please stay away from all of this. Do not retweet or flag publicly. The Ottawa bureau is aware and exploring and will advise if any facts emerge that are worth reporting.”

praktik

TRIBE Member
I would leave him alone, here is Baird getting in trouble for actually trying to stop Uganda from passing harsh anti-gay laws:

Women's group slams Baird over anti-gay laws stance - Politics - CBC News

I wonder if this women's group invokes the same philosophical principles when people condemn how women are treated in the Islamic world?

Will they say, as they said with Uganda,"It may be unwise by Western standards, but who are we to interfere in a sovereign country?"

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Seems like a smear job without any actual evidence

If the guy was a pedo, then he should be dealt with. But going to the rippers shouldn't be a big deal.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
It's no secret that Baird is gay. Parliament Hill reporters have long respected a code of not reporting on the private lives of politicians except for when they come crashing into the headlines like Brazeau.

Everyone know the alleged story about Harper and his wife. Just read any the comments section of any Harper story. But the reporters don't report gossipy private life stuff no matter how juicy it is.

The story circulating in Ottawa was that Baird wanted to start a family and Harper couldn't deal with the optics of it on an international stage.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya i just heard about the Harper stuff, hadn't heard of that before AT ALL

But my source was connected to PMO so I was like

Woah

derek

TRIBE Member
I would leave him alone, here is Baird getting in trouble for actually trying to stop Uganda from passing harsh anti-gay laws:

Women's group slams Baird over anti-gay laws stance - Politics - CBC News

I wonder if this women's group invokes the same philosophical principles when people condemn how women are treated in the Islamic world?

Will they say, as they said with Uganda,"It may be unwise by Western standards, but who are we to interfere in a sovereign country?"
REAL Women of Canada...I just threw up a little in my mouth

praktik

TRIBE Member
That it's a sham marriage and she lives elsewhere with someone else and he lives alone so he can be with men

Apparently the talk of Ottawa

acheron

TRIBE Member
Laureen has a side piece - one of the PM's RCMP security guards. Probably out of the picture given she's actually doing public appearances now. Speculation says that if Harper loses the election, a divorce will follow soon after.

Speculation says that if Harper loses the election, a divorce will follow soon after.
That's pretty unsurprising - although people said the same thing about Bill and Hillary Clinton (before she voiced her intentions to run for office) after he finished his second term.

Lauren Harper doesn't strike me at all as having political ambitions - so I think the speculation is pretty wise.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders