• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

John B. Vital. I have a junglist in me.....

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Whatever anyone else thinks, much respect to you for being intelligent and passionate about what you do. I for one will see you at the next Intimate event.

BBB.

Misunderstandings.. who needs'em?

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
diplomacy is important in these types of situations.

tensions are running high, understandably,id be pretty pissed if just lost my school money.

shawn, ill see you at your b-day jam, and get you some drinks,

to 7/intimate, why not as a gesture of good faith come out and show face at the final Vital Party, and spread the love.

ask for judge wopner and ill get you some drinks too.

i hope everything works out Vital.

J

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intimate Productions:
you don't have a "big head" for defending something you care about using facts and talking to me the way you have.</font>
no.. but when you defend yourself by bragging, then you have a big head..

Michael Jordan isn't the best basketball player of all time because he got on a mic and preached about how he's won so many times, and holds so many records... he's the best basketball player in the world, because he showed and proved he was on the court... not by bragging to the whole world about his accomplishments..

you want to prove him wrong? show and prove that you aren't a trend... don't dump your resume on everyone's heads..

BBB/judgewopner: thanks for your patience and understanding. I'll be there at the next vital.

Heinz: for the last time, I provided those facts to defend Intimate against a label I did not feel was fairly applied. if you want to twist that simple provision of fact that resulted from my desire to correct what I considered to be an inaccuracy and call it "bragging" that's your choice. the last time someone disagreed with something I said and they presented all the available facts in a logical order to support their argument (instead of the usual name calling and bullshit) I came out respecting them and understanding their position (even if I don't agree), not telling them they have a "big head."

I'm proud of what Intimate is done. even though I'm not a part of it, I'm equally as proud of what Vital has done. because we're all in this together. we all share in each other's successes, and that means we also all share in each other's failures. right here, you are failing to understand the point of what I was saying and my intentions, and I have to shoulder some of the blame for that failure. as a possible solution I direct your attention to the fact that I'll be at the next Vital party to show the love and support I have for that crew. if you have the time to speak so loudly here, I trust you'll speak as enthusiastically when I'm in the same room with you.

cheers,

-7-

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
Heinz: for the last time, I provided those facts to defend Intimate against a label I did not feel was fairly applied</font>
you don't get it, do you? what you call "providing facts" and in the manner you did it, to somebody reading it, it looks like bragging.

i saw it as bragging... and i'm not alone, i'm sure..

but this is getting way too overkilled.. i'll admit that much... i've pushed the issue too damn much...

i just wanted to see if you could see your own misgiving... that being the condescending and conceitful tone of your "providing facts"... yet you never did..

everyone makes mistakes... admit yours... mine was overkilling this thread

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
if you have the time to speak so loudly here, I trust you'll speak as enthusiastically when I'm in the same room with you.</font>
I can't attend due to the fact that i'll be helping out with another event on the same night... but if i could, i really would..

have fun... although i'm sure you will, vital does shit proper... and humbly..

it's not me who's not getting it here. I came to that realization you're talking about and admitted my mistake in delivery about five or so posts back when I said:

"I will lead by example and apologize if my post came off as righteous or condascending. my intent was to offer a gesture of solidarity and support from one company doing things properly to another, not to aggravate the hurt/pain brought about by Vital's loss...."

I apologized because I can clearly understand that how I said what I said could easily be perceived to be condascending or righteous. but again, that was not my intent. my intentions, whether you want to accept it or admit it or not, were positive and constructive and they still are. I certainly hope yours are as well.

-7-

olde

TRIBE Member
Wow..

Look at the Unity.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">John B. Vital. I have a junglist in me.....</font>
I hope this thread isn't an example of "junglist" attitudes.

jordan

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
it's not me who's not getting it here. I came to that realization you're talking about and admitted my mistake in delivery about five or so posts back when I said:

"I will lead by example and apologize if my post came off as righteous or condascending. my intent was to offer a gesture of solidarity and support from one company doing things properly to another, not to aggravate the hurt/pain brought about by Vital's loss...."

I apologized because I can clearly understand that how I said what I said could easily be perceived to be condascending or righteous. but again, that was not my intent. my intentions, whether you want to accept it or admit it or not, were positive and constructive and they still are. I certainly hope yours are as well.

-7-
</font>
shit... my bad..

so why did you continue defending your "providing facts," rather than just saying "yes, you're right.. i already know i came off like a conceited jackass, i admitted it"?

my apologies if i offended... but i'm seriously not a fan of the "big guy kicking the little guy when he's down" thing.. and except for that one line 5 or so posts ago, that's all you seemed to me..

as I said, I'm sorry it "seemed" that way.

I wanted to add that Vital is not a "little guy" by any stretch of anyone's imagination. as far as I'm concerned it is one of the less trendy and more innovative and fresh companies in Toronto. that's why I came into this thread in the first place: hoping to provide a voice of support so they wouldn't quit. one less hard working, local, fresh, grass roots, progressive company means less choice for all of us and fewer platforms for local talent to showcase their skills. making it all of our loss in the long term.

anyway, I hope we've reached an understanding. I appreciate your patience.

-7-

mcbee

TRIBE Member
hey guys...enough already!!
apologies have been made and misunderstandings have been corrected....so its all good now

why don't you all come out to shawn's bday party on saturday and we'll all get drunk and have fun!!

sarah

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Ok, i had a blast at this party!

(diverting the attention away from the conflict)...

John B is the man plain and simple. He had me dancing my ass off all night.

Time to send out some respects:
Ras-wicked opening set bro, you got me right in the mood.
Velocity-nice set mate, took it a step up from Ras in intensity.
And to all the people i saw again: Tella, Bluestrike, Jane, Stormshadow, basic, and KUNG PO BEEF(YOU ROCK GIRL!)...

Mad respects to Vital...you boys have given me 2 of the best nights out in a long time...i can't believe you're calling it quits.

Also, let's quit the petty fighting here...bashing the Intimate name directly affects Kinetic, Terra, Ist, Vise, and Lathargix...your beef with 7 should be taken to e-mail.

peace
Chris

CC

TRIBE Member
^^^^ glad to hear you had a great time. i've always tried to put your enjoyment first, as i wish that more promoters would do it for me.

and thanks for a post that is on topic.

CC

dj velocity

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rentboy:
Ok, i had a blast at this party!

(diverting the attention away from the conflict)...

John B is the man plain and simple. He had me dancing my ass off all night.

Time to send out some respects:
Ras-wicked opening set bro, you got me right in the mood.
Velocity-nice set mate, took it a step up from Ras in intensity.
And to all the people i saw again: Tella, Bluestrike, Jane, Stormshadow, basic, and KUNG PO BEEF(YOU ROCK GIRL!)...

Mad respects to Vital...you boys have given me 2 of the best nights out in a long time...i can't believe you're calling it quits.

Also, let's quit the petty fighting here...bashing the Intimate name directly affects Kinetic, Terra, Ist, Vise, and Lathargix...your beef with 7 should be taken to e-mail.

peace
Chris
</font>
Oh my god, an actually review of the night!
Thanks Chris, glad you enjoyed the 90% dubplate set. I have to agree with you, Ras warmed tings up proper. That was the first time I've had a chance to hear him spin and I was quite impressed.
respect
D