• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jim Flaherty Dead.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Considering his health was not a contributing factor in his resignation, this is a massive WTF.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
His family says he passed away peacefully.
Ottawa Police say he died of a massive heart attack.
:confused:

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
too bad. he was smart and nice enough not to have been a harper tory. whether you shared his political views or not, he was a dedicated public servant.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
its sucks he was barely out of Harper ' the shark eyed baby eater's ' clutches before passing.

ps : i want Harper to have the next heart attach plox

praktik

TRIBE Member
As much as I find it a trite political comment, his was certainly a steady hand at the till.

When you look at some of the other jokers in the party it was refreshing to be bored by such a reasonable man.

Never really had a big issue with him you can't blame him for being a creature of his times but even he never got too far carried away in the free market mantras and sloganeering...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
NO Blob Ford first
FUCK THAT

i would rather FORD more years than have Harper literlly dismantle and do away with every decent bit of quality funding and infrastructure he can.

he's a fucking menace.

he is systematically selling off our natural resources and pretty much doing away with whatever him and his cronies deem unfit.

fuck him, fuck his dead eyes, he needs to die of a heart attach, brain aneurism, or something we will laugh about for the next decade.

he has done WAY more long term damage that Rob Ford could even come close to doing in 5 lifetimes.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
He was decent man and a dedicated public servant. His work in establishing the Registered Disability Savings Plan was an important addition to the Canadian social safety net. He cut a lot of programs, and that's part of his legacy as well, but in looking out for some of the most vulnerable Canadians, even if it was prompted by his own disabled son, he helped build something important. His stand against income splitting also suggested he was more than just another Harper neocon. He was a true blue conservative, something that is in increasingly short supply these days. RIP Mr. Flaherty.

praktik

TRIBE Member
FUCK THAT

i would rather FORD more years than have Harper literlly dismantle and do away with every decent bit of quality funding and infrastructure he can.

he's a fucking menace.

he is systematically selling off our natural resources and pretty much doing away with whatever him and his cronies deem unfit.

fuck him, fuck his dead eyes, he needs to die of a heart attach, brain aneurism, or something we will laugh about for the next decade.

he has done WAY more long term damage that Rob Ford could even come close to doing in 5 lifetimes.

and dude? Annnnnd?

Harper is the ONLY reason we dont have legal or decriminalized weed nationwide yet.

The Liberals were for it. NDP has been for years. SO is the bloc. So are *some* conservatives. It was put in the hopper legislatively and then killed in an early summer CHretien pro roguing - but it was gonna come back.

Maybe we needed to wait for Bush to go. But Obama got elected and Mexico decriminalized everything and he didn't say shit but that they had a right to do as they pleased.

THat was our moment - but we happened to have Harper at the helm and he is irrationally attached to this Drug Warrior ideal. We have actual legal weed in nearby american states and we still have Harper at the helm. Word is he is personally making sure his party doesn't do much but offer an olive branch of some potential reduced sentencing approach. And who knows when that will happen. He brings in all this extra ideological baggage on issues like this and complete bullshit ones like the census and now, most egriously, voter f*ckin ID!

Flaherty didn't have that kind of "batshit" to him at all. Its a big loss for the Conservatives who I'm not sure can really do much but toss up McKay and hope the mudslinging and kneecapping from threatened elders hasn't tarnished him too much...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
and dude? Annnnnd?

Harper is the ONLY reason we dont have legal or decriminalized weed nationwide yet.

The Liberals were for it. NDP has been for years. SO is the bloc. So are *some* conservatives. It was put in the hopper legislatively and then killed in an early summer CHretien pro roguing - but it was gonna come back.

Maybe we needed to wait for Bush to go. But Obama got elected and Mexico decriminalized everything and he didn't say shit but that they had a right to do as they pleased.

THat was our moment - but we happened to have Harper at the helm and he is irrationally attached to this Drug Warrior ideal. We have actual legal weed in nearby american states and we still have Harper at the helm. Word is he is personally making sure his party doesn't do much but offer an olive branch of some potential reduced sentencing approach. And who knows when that will happen. He brings in all this extra ideological baggage on issues like this and complete bullshit ones like the census and now, most egriously, voter f*ckin ID!

Flaherty didn't have that kind of "batshit" to him at all. Its a big loss for the Conservatives who I'm not sure can really do much but toss up McKay and hope the mudslinging and kneecapping from threatened elders hasn't tarnished him too much...
I agree, and Spinsah said it well.

His stand against income splitting also suggested he was more than just another Harper neocon. He was a true blue conservative, something that is in increasingly short supply these days. RIP Mr. Flaherty.
Ford may be a buffoon and has made Toronto really appreciate having a Mayor that isnt a fucking 45 year old spoiled child.

but Harper, is probably as close to insidious evil as you can get in Canada.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ha I wouldn't go that far - he's just got a whole other way of lookin' at things. He's counting different things as good and missing things as bad that you're counting - just makes him look evil.

Doesn't help him to have a creepy smile though!

dig this

TRIBE Member
As much as I despised the Harper gov, I always had respect for Flaherty. He always seemed like the straight shooter in the bunch.

rip

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
With bullous pemphigoid, he was probably taking a few extremely strong medications, including prednisone, particularily if his symptoms were hard to deal with.

RIP :(

Twinkle Toes

TRIBE Member
He was the one conservative politician I really didn't mind. Maybe even liked.
RIP
I agree. A good friend of mine was one of his staffers and she would tell me all the time what a fantastic Boss he was. He would take care of his employees and treat them like family.

Sad.
RIP Sir

Last edited:

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Hmm, I actually liked this guy. That's fairly young to have a "massive heart attack".

What qualifies as a "less massive" heart attack?

We all die. Make the most of it while we're around.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Hmm, I actually liked this guy. That's fairly young to have a "massive heart attack".

What qualifies as a "less massive" heart attack?

We all die. Make the most of it while we're around.

-jM
A&D