• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jian Ghomeshi?

Will Ghomeshi get convicted on Thursday?

• Convicted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquitted

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Jesus - been off the internet for a few days and this has escalated to truly horrific levels. The tweet from April 2014 seals the deal IMO. Scumbag

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

erika

TRIBE Member
^
Yes that one. This whole thing has had a triggering effect for a number of people. I have to admit I had repeated nightmares last night about him coming after me to beat me up, and I never met the guy, other than to see him once "on a date" walking into Octapus.

erika

TRIBE Member
i think some of these encounters wouldn't be considered "assault" in the legal sense. but it does go a long way to paint him as a slimy douchebag.

this made me lol :

The part about the teddy bear that made you LOL Is where he appeared to keep a camera. Check the @bigearsteddy account on twitter.

There's also a (now really creepy) account of him charming an audience in Stratford with stories of his teddy bear :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
Lucy DuCoutere was on The Current this morning being interviewed about her time with the Ghomeshi. Lined up with all the other stories except that she felt strong enough to tell her story openly.

You can feel the chess pieces moving

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
undead-teddy-bears2-550x699.jpg

mingster

TRIBE Member
is it just me, or is it crazy (and dumb) for the CBC to be airing so much of this story right now?

or maybe it's really smart...I guess mostly it's unusual that they're being so vocal through their reporting, at this time.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
is it just me, or is it crazy (and dumb) for the CBC to be airing so much of this story right now?

or maybe it's really smart...I guess mostly it's unusual that they're being so vocal through their reporting, at this time.

There was a pause for a day or so, I guess while they had meetings to discuss how they would handle it editorially, but it is a news story so they are covering it in that respect.

It must feel really weird for cbc reporters to be covering such a gross story about one of their own.

derek

TRIBE Member
^
Yes that one. This whole thing has had a triggering effect for a number of people. I have to admit I had repeated nightmares last night about him coming after me to beat me up, and I never met the guy, other than to see him once "on a date" walking into Octapus.

holy crap, my wife had a similar dream, that's nuts

maphi

TRIBE Member
Wow. Just discovered that Jian, in his pre-Fruvus days, was known as "Jean" and had a band called Tall New Buildings... Check out the lyrics of this sexy new wave hit and tell me there isn't a bit of foreshadowing going on there!

[YOUTUBE]-99_hPpdhMk[/YOUTUBE]

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i noticed the names of some of the Fruvous songs too...creepy.
not sure if Jian actually wrote the lyrics or not...