• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jetsgo is no more

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Re: Info if you have travel plans with Jetsgo

Originally posted by sam
If you did have a flight booked with Jetsgo that you have not used, call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges immediately, this is possible as we have done it here.

k, so i called Visa back after i read this, and they are saying that you can't reverse the purchase until after the dates of your flights. So in my case, since I am supposed to fly on April 7 and April 10, if neither of those flights take place, then I can call them on April 11 to dispute the charge since I haven't received the service I purchased.

if anyone gets a different story from their credit card company, please let me know.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Info if you have travel plans with Jetsgo

Originally posted by Booty Bits
k, so i called Visa back after i read this, and they are saying that you can't reverse the purchase until after the dates of your flights. So in my case, since I am supposed to fly on April 7 and April 10, if neither of those flights take place, then I can call them on April 11 to dispute the charge since I haven't received the service I purchased.

if anyone gets a different story from their credit card company, please let me know.

That's the same story we got. Did you book straight through Jetsgo?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BayStreetBoi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
Isn't this the 4th airline that this CEO bankrupts?

2nd. He owned Royal. When Royal went under, he sold it to Canada 3000 (he was not CEO of Canada 3000 when it went under).

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Ryanair invented the upset and irate passenger. It is 10 times worse with customer service than JetsGo, but is very cheap, and makes no promises about quality.

There are probably dozens of websites just focused on Ryanair complaints, and a National Irish paper had a column devoted completely to complaints about Ryanair.

-Passenger's were stranded in France for 3 days for delays, and had to sleep in a hanger with cots. The airline refused to pay for a hotel or meals.
-Wheelchair passengers are charged extra for a wheelchair, and are not helped on the plane because the airline doesn't want to pay for the extra insurance for staff
-Flight was delayed over night in Spain at a small regional airport. Problem was that the tiny airport closed at 11, so passengers couldn't even sleep in the airport. Ryainair offered bus fair to the nearest town if they wanted to book their own hotel.

Etc

But it is dirt cheap to fly with Ryanair, and I flew with them all the time. The smart thing they do is negotiate hugely reduced landing fees at smaller airports and pass the savings on to the consumer. You can't even pay the taxes on any flight in Canada, for the same price that ryanair offers on 70% of its flights.

Oh shit, I just booked several flights with them for Italy-Paris and back. This fills me with no confidence whatsoever, but it was less expensive than taking the train.

Haha, Jetsgone is funny.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
i'm doing a florida run tomorrow. dropping off in st. petersburg/clearwater and we're empty coming home so if anybody has relatives/etc who are stranded pm me and i'll see what i can do

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
ryanair will fill the gap

I hope
Ryanair's customer service is non-existent. Any time that I've ever flown with them it's always a pleasant surprise when my entire flight goes smoothly.

But at least with Ryanair, you know exactly what you're paying for. They make absolutely no promises on their level of service and in return you get ridiculously low fares. This airline has always had a 'buyer beware' clause attached to it.

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension
Oh shit, I just booked several flights with them for Italy-Paris and back. This fills me with no confidence whatsoever, but it was less expensive than taking the train.

I've flown with them over a dozen times and never had a problem. But like I said they fly into regional airports, and when they say no frills they mean it. Ie no barf bag, seat number, magazine, or even emergency evacuation card (you can request one). You are allowed about 15kgs of luggage tops.

And you won't be flying into Paris, you'll be flying into Beavais, which is an hour or so by bus outside of Paris. Its more of a barn than an airport, but the price is rediculously cheap and there is a bus to take you to paris for about 10 euro.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
their flight attendants weer soo hot in their little black leather jackets.... and those dreamy french accents...

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Beavais

beavis.jpg

Katman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chooch
a co-worker is on her 2nd day of a one week vacation to Cuba...she and her family took Jets-co.......stranded in Cuba.

What are the chances this is going to make news in Cuba.. might come as a complete shock in about 5 days!

triplem

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Air Canada is just lucky that the government always bails them out of crisis, and is still partially funded by the Canadian government.

When was the last time the government bailed out Air Canada. Many moons ago, I think.

Originally posted by Boo
Are we forgetting Air Canada has also gone bankrupt recently.

Air Canada has been out of bankruptsy and is turning a nice profit now.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Info if you have travel plans with Jetsgo

Originally posted by Bass-Invader
That's the same story we got. Did you book straight through Jetsgo?

yeah unfortunately! i bought it off the jetsgo website.
i never really use travel agents because i don't like middle men. turns out a little middle man action would have helped me out on this one! the ultimate kick in the pants is that i found the fare on selloffairfares.com but then went directly to the jetsgo site to book! whon whon

SJN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by triplem
When was the last time the government bailed out Air Canada. Many moons ago, I think.

True the government didn't bail out AC financially, but they granted them repeated extensions to their bankruptcy protection. They were also allowed special exemptions to various rules and regulations that has enabled them to reorganize (e.g., they were granted exemptions from the normal funding rules that apply to their massive pension deficits)

Having said this, I don't believe it's the government's responsibility to bail out JetsGo OR people who may have lost money b/c they have now hold worthless tickets.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I saw this in the business news today. This is brutal.
Surely the Canadian Government has to be able to do something about this.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Info if you have travel plans with Jetsgo

Originally posted by Booty Bits
yeah unfortunately! i bought it off the jetsgo website.
i never really use travel agents because i don't like middle men. turns out a little middle man action would have helped me out on this one! the ultimate kick in the pants is that i found the fare on selloffairfares.com but then went directly to the jetsgo site to book! whon whon

tsk tsk tsk ............

ALWAYS use a travel agent. the fares you get booking through an agent are usually CHEAPER than if you book directly from the supplier.

plus, you get the obvious peace of mind of knowing your agent will be your advocate if anything goes wrong (i.e. supplier trouble, strike, natural disaster, travel advisory, et al.)

Aleks

TRIBE Member
thank god i diden't buy a ticket early for once....

im going to be flyin to vancity on the 1st or 2nd of April, so i guess i have to go with AirCanada...

pce,

-Aleks

Renton

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
Jetslow... good riddance...

however - you cannot expect good and timely service from any discount carrier..

I guess you've never taken SouthWest.

sam

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info if you have travel plans with Jetsgo

Originally posted by basilisk
Any to recommend?

I swear by www.tripcentral.ca

(for going to sun destinations anyway)

For all other shit...go with Flight Centre.

Cheers,
*sam*

Last edited: