• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

jeremy -stereopatterns- jive (new CD)

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
My new CD is finally done. I should have copies this weekend to give out. A few people already have copies of the unmastered version. Here is a look at the cover (actual version is slightly different) and the track listing.

stereopatterns.gif

stereopatternsliner.gif

This time I wanted to try and evolve my sound a bit and combined the differences of my other two discs and do something new. This CD is based on the tracks I'm feeling and the previous reviews and responses from my last two CDs. Over all the disc is a combination of the northern west coast dub sound mixed in with some Chicago bounce. The response so far has been more than positive. Whether you like the vocal jazzy dub tracks from San Francisco, the instrumentals of San Diego or the oompity bounce of Chicago, there is something on here for everyone.

If you would like a copy and you see me out, I'll have some on me until they run out. Otherwise PM, MSN or email me for a copy.

jeremy -enjoy- jive

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MadWej

TRIBE Member
This CD is definitely a flowing symposium of goodness. For those of you who don't have this CD yet, I suggest you hunt this man down and get one.

Mr. Jive managed to accomplish the fusion of flowing jazz rifts and banging beats that he set out to conquer. He creates a chicago / san fran sound. You might call it San Francago...or possibly Chicisco...like Gene Ferris, Derrick Carter, and Snoop Dogg had a freaky deaky love triangle and the product...this CD.

But seriously, the best one by far. Excellent job, Jeremy. (And I am not just saying that cause I have known you for 20 odd years...but cause you gave me 20 odd bucks.)

a.ron

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
I'm really swamped with work lately and I just got the discs on Monday. They were a week late because as always something gets fucked up.

But they are here now and I'm waiting to get paid so I can afford to start mass mailing them out.

jeremy -coming soon jive

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
This cd is well worth the wait!

Jer manages to blend such different styles of tracks, and he does it so seamlessly, this mix is incredible!

I have listened to Mr Jive play many sets, and many cds, and by far, this one tops them all.

I have played it for friends who don't even like House music, and they asked for copies of it!

congrats Jer, can't wait to hear the next one :)

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Wicked job Jer. I agree this is your best one yet, love the track selection and sexy, sweet house music gets me every time. I also really like the combo of Jazz and funky, deep beats, amazing mix, thanks so much for the CD, I know its now going to be in my discman frequently.

Perfect spring CD, nice job Jer. :)

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i've been listening to this the past half hour.. so far its great.. in fact its the sound i've been trying to peg...

my house tastes of altered lately and i was unsure of how to pinpoint what it was that I actually like.

this is it. this is what I like.

such a great groove to this whole cd (sofar).

Loving it jer.. good job!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Took a listen on the way to work and I must say your track selection is flawless. Very nice way to start the morning.

Go mr. jive!

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
how can i score a copy out here in waterloo?

i am so feeling house lately! (had like a 3 year hiatus from it as i explored techno and electro)

now (since all that time has passed) i am getting into it like ive never heard it before in my life.

WICKED

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Am very proud of our little monica here. :) Definitely the best CD of jer's that i have. I can see that Jeremy is getting close to finding his sound of house - heavily reliant on the naked music sound and offshoots, but can toss in a dose of the east flawlessly. Always been my favorite combination - as Jer knows from my cd collections. :)

Props to you Jeremy, Keep it up.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JAR
dying to get my copy!!!

Well you don't have to wait much longer. I just put a whole box of CDs in the mail yesterday.

Thank you to everyone who has emailed and PM'd me for a copy. They should be arriving early next week.

jeremy -I hope you like- jive

Torso

TRIBE Member
I hate to admit this, since I have personal ties to the first one "enjoy", but 'stereopatterns' is going to get the most play time. Groovy, jazzy beats, smooth and deep. Sooooooo good. A sweet mix not to be missed.

Nice job Jer. The more I hear it, the more I like it.

Moez

TRIBE Member
I had the opportunity to listen to this c.d. this week-end and I can honestly say it is, in it's entirety, a SOLID c.d. It is exactly what I love to listen to when I am out, and it is precisely the type of c.d. I listen to while at home getting ready to go out. It's my kind of house music...

Astroboy was dead on when he said: "Jer manages to blend such different styles of tracks, and he does it so seamlessly, this mix is incredible!"

Wikkid mix Jeremy.

kmac

TRIBE Member
I was lucky enough to run into Jeremy on Friday night and snag myself a copy. It hasn't left the CD player since and I don't anticipate it will any time soon. Wicked, wicked tracks... Mr. Dobalina!!! All in all, a very sexy, sunshiney, funky disc.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Jer, finally had a chance to listen to the "mastered" version. Your tracks flow very nicely, and your mixing is flawless. Great track selection, although there's one too many pharell tracks for my liking :p

I want to hear the mix you did before now, damnit!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

chooch

TRIBE Member
just received your cd before my lunch and took it out for a walk! first off...thank you for being so kind as to send me a copy! the presentation of your cd (with designed, silkscreened surface) to the packaging is very professional. but wait...it is the inside that counts! i have only got 8 tracks in on this effort and i LOVE it LOVE it! What a great job! Perfection in your mixes, nice selection, funky-ness all around....I will properly pay homage in this thread once i've listened on more.

ps Jer-clean your box please-jive

nuttz

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the CD! It's going to get a lot of play on those hot summer days on the patio.
I'm not a big fan of vocals usually, but for some reason they fit perfectly on this cd.
The programming on this mix is extremely good. Taking it from the sensual sounds of Kascade to the dirty bumpin sounds of Spettro. It never loses it's flow.
Good Work!

:D

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chooch
the presentation of your cd (with designed, silkscreened surface) to the packaging is very professional.
Thanks. I have to give credit where credit is due. I came up with the concept and Ian Matheson of Longarm Design did a lot of the design work. I knew what I wanted and he showed me how to do it and helped me along the way.

The CDs were printed and burned by Astroboy at ATM Studios. He has done all of my CDs and I recommend him to everyone.

Thanks to everyone who asked for copies and were nice enough to post their reviews. It means a lot to me. This CD was a definite change in the formula for my CDs. I'm already working on the next one. Not sure where I'm going with this one. Might be back do the downtempo jazzy summer feel of I might crank it up again and move the sound to the Midwest chunk of Chicago. If anyone has some thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

jeremy -thanks for listening- jive

nuttz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
Thanks. I have to give credit where credit is due. I came up with the concept and Ian Matheson of Longarm Design did a lot of the design work. I knew what I wanted and he showed me how to do it and helped me along the way.

The CDs were printed and burned by Astroboy at ATM Studios. He has done all of my CDs and I recommend him to everyone.

Thanks to everyone who asked for copies and were nice enough to post their reviews. It means a lot to me. This CD was a definite change in the formula for my CDs. I'm already working on the next one. Not sure where I'm going with this one. Might be back do the downtempo jazzy summer feel of I might crank it up again and move the sound to the Midwest chunk of Chicago. If anyone has some thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

jeremy -thanks for listening- jive

Chunk it up !