• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jeff Mills!

praktik

TRIBE Member
He came. He saw. He conquered.

Had all of Sudbury in the palm of his hand for close to 4 hours. Laid down that hard techno sound that - this year - feels super refreshing.

No messing around, thick, relentless rythms with the intercession of bleeps and bloops in a layer here and another layer over there with some other wickedness -just kept building it up and back down in expert fashion.

First time seeing Mills - believe it or not - and glad I finally did!

Got a little discoloration on my shoes - reminds me of the good ol days..;)

Hats off to ever left their hat off on the floor, a small classless coda to a wonderful night.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Decent set. Needed longer and lacked the genre diversity of my more favorite of his shows. Crowd was up for it, moisture dripping from the rafters, Good night out.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Pretty good set: tight and nicely programmed. He keep the strong rhythms going and actually thought I heard just a hint of the bells in around mid-point, the only classic track that I noticed. Crowd was all for it.

Good production by the team, the venue was nicely populated and everything was organized. I didn't even mind that the limited drink selection, Sapporo hits the spot.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Hopefully next time we get a proper 6+ hour session. I want that proto Disco proto Electro that Kenny Dixon Jr-esque Soul Funk Hi Tech Jazz shit that makes everyone come together.

Maybe I should book a trip to Chicago...

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I had fun! I haven't heard straight up stomping techno like that out in a very long time. The crowd was solid, the sound was more than a decent. It was a great night out. Glad I finally got to check out Jeff Mills.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sam

TRIBE Member
Pretty good set: tight and nicely programmed. He keep the strong rhythms going and actually thought I heard just a hint of the bells in around mid-point, the only classic track that I noticed. Crowd was all for it.
He did play a bit of the Bells....he also worked in "House Nation" later on in the night of all things...

Beings

TRIBE Member
I didn't even know this was happening. GF dragged me to 99 Sudburry. Glad she did, I had a BLAST!!!

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Nice - I wanted to check this out badly, but my girl is not into Jeff Mills at all. We went to Loco Dice instead, which was really good as well, but I'm still sad I missed this.

How was the opener -- Gingy?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
It was pretty much relentless techno from Gingy on. I haven't heard music that stripped down and hard in years.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Yeah, but gotta be hard to open for Mills! I'm OK with that approach.

When I saw Ritchie Hawtin in Barcelona, Gaiser opened and destroyed the place and things just escalated from there :).

praktik

TRIBE Member
Played a bit hard for my warm up liking, however he or Gibbs did drop Teste The Wipe, which is Uber :)
Actually i was totally grooving on it for about 30 mins.

Then I had enough, was just a bit too stripped back I think for too long... other people ran out of patience a bit before I did - then I did too.

Still, he did have me robotting it up front pretty intensely early on.