1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jeff Mills @ Dommune - Tokyo 28-05-2010

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by dtox, Jun 4, 2010.

1. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

2. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

(dont' want to waste my bandwidth if it ain't)
  3. antonbanks

antonbanks TRIBE Member

Listening to this now. It feels more like one of his albums than like a DJ set. It's like a soundscape set to a 909. This is on the very edge of what I'd call this dancefloor friendly music. If you're in the mood for something deep then this is definitely it.
  4. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

detroit for sure, airy, synthy, melodic.......
  5. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

I liked it, a bad mix here and there but some of the tracks are great, spacey-sci-fi techno. Not a dance-floor banger, but has quite a few tracks that put a smile on my face.
  6. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

not my cup of tea....
    tooo much detroit wishy washy business...
  7. Angler

Angler New Member

good tracks in this mix.
  8. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Agreed this is a very nice set. One thing I've always liked about Jeff Mills is his unique sound, and his latest production is certainly unique. I find lot of it interesting actually, but yup, not really dance floor sort of material. Thanks for sharing Dylan.
  9. antonbanks

antonbanks TRIBE Member

I went back and listened to Live at the Liquid room after this. Still a great mix.

Has anyone here listened to the Blue Potential CD? The one with orchestral versions of his works?