1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jeff Mills @ Avant X

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by the wiz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. the wiz

the wiz TRIBE Member

Anyone else excited to see what Mills has been brewing in the techno lab?

The flyer says he has visuals to go along with his tunes----( time-lapse video of melting ice cream cones, perhaps...? )--------anyway, it will be awesome even if it is a pulsing line on a white screen.-------Mills knows how to push the envelope, while still honouring techno's roots.

Who's coming ?

2. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

wouldn't miss it!! already have my ticket :)

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

quite possibly

4. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

4 more sleeps!!! WOOOOO!

5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

why is matthew dear here the same night?

6. the wiz

the wiz TRIBE Member

ya....that is a bit of a scheduling mishap eh....................

7. the wiz

the wiz TRIBE Member

Matthew Dear is a crooner now anyway........I cant bear to hear him singing anymore---( although "Dog Days" was a killer track, and his beats are thick and crisply produced )--------Jeff Mills has my vote this saturday... :)

8. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I think I'll try to go for both - more fun that way :)

9. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

have fun without me - i'm on layaway until november's montreal excursion to catch richie

10. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Just read a lengthy article about what he's planning on doing; sounds more like an art show/pylon fest than a dance party - which doesn't mean it won't be interesting.

11. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

Jeff Mills isn't much of a "dance party" to begin with... Love his style and all, but wouldn't go out to see him to boogie down.

12. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i heard he's playing footwork too on november 18th.

13. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

Ooooooh if that's true and I hope it is....then this autumn is shaping up to be techno'ically awesome :D

14. Bernnie Federko

thurs night in TO @ FW, OR, weekend in MTL beginning with Richie @ Stereo.

I'm sure whatever one selects they'll be pleased. Me? I'm going to one of my old haunts from the days of yore.

15. Bernnie Federko

and more importantly - I hope the wizard and the wiz all give the ppl what they want: the baddest moves out there

enjoy everyone! :)

16. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

Mills has pretty much been playing the same set for forever. With the amount of money he makes, the guy could at least buy and play a few new records.

17. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i'd consider the trip to Windsor the day before the FW gig...

18. Bernnie Federko

been there, done that numerous times. and if it weren't mid week i'd do it again.

19. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

That's never been Jeff's M.O. so why would he start now? Personally, I love the fact he eschews playing every boring new record like every other boring dj on the planet right now. He does actually play new tracks in his sets though, just not too many. Hey, he's picky and when I see Millsy I wanna hear the PM and classic 90's stuff. However, he is a pretentious wank and this event looks/sounds as boring as all hell. I'm out!

20. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

IN for sure

hey, what does pylon fest mean? i like pylons.

21. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Well, after reading a number of interviews, this sounds like a really interesting spectacle, but one I would rather view from the comfort of a seat than standing in a hall.

Pylons are those who ALWAYS stand, and often right up front, when the music is quite danceable (which probably doesn't apply to this). They tend to kill the vibe.

And then there are the sub-species of filming pylons, photographing pylons and texting pylons...

So as illuminati says "I'm out".

22. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

Lol i could see myself being 75% pylon tonite. But still gonna have fun :)

23. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

I can't speak for anyone else, nor do I care what anyone else is doin, but I for one am generally the anti-pylon. Im movin and shakin even if the music doesn't call for it. I'm goin to this with full knowing that its meant more to be a total experience with music and visuals etc than a bangin techno event.....that's what Speedy J is for at the end of the month :D I know I will still have a great time tonite and am even stoked that it's an early on, early end type event. Can't wait!

24. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

I read in Now Magazine there will be live actors incorporated into the performance.

no way I'm going to this