• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jeff Milligan says goodbye...

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
1) AZUMI IS HOT. AND TALENTED. HOLY CRAP.
2) why haven't i ever seen Milligan before?? where the fuck have i been?

i only meant to go to IV lounge for a little while - an hour or two before going down to College Street for some Little Italy action. BUT THIS JAM WAS TOO HOT! small-party atmosphere... wicked venue - the patio is so great!

Everyone was spinning housey-er stuff til Milligan came on. that cleared the dancefloor substantially enough to be able to dance my ass off.

Adopted: not 6 turntables, but 3 turntables and a laptop... AAAAAAH! :O hot hot hot hot hot... you shouldn't've missed this party!!

Funky, minimal, dirty, crazy, old school... i don't know how many adjectives I can use ... WE GOT SCHOOLED in the fine art of DJing...

someone painted a mural of Jeff while he was spinning - a wicked touch!

too much beer, too much weed, too much dancing... stayed WAY past my bedtime. :) so happy i went to this party!! KEEP ROCKIN IT SOLID JEFF, WHEREVER THIS CRAZY PARTY OF A LIFE TAKES YOU!!

thanks Philly for being my partner-in-crime and letting me know about the party!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x 200!

andymidnite

TRIBE Member
Yeah, Maria this party was super!!

I would've liked to have stayed to the very end of Milligan's set but alas, I was still behind in last minute preparations for Resurface the next night. I was blown away by Milligan the first time I saw him at Tempo only a few weeks earlier (I'm thinking the same thing, Maria: where the fuck have I been and why haven't I seen this guy before ?? Best guess is that he's been out-of-town while I've been around . . . that makes me feel better anyway) and the second time was further proof that he needs a larger audience than Toronto can offer.

On a related note, Jeff was out at Resurface the following night and showed what a great guy he is by helping us out with overheating gear and a dusty needle getting away from Sanjay.

All I know is the next time Jeff makes it back to our shores -- or I'm in a foreign land and see his name on a bill -- I'm there.

Arigatou Gozaimashita!

Last edited:

Adopted

TRIBE Member
Talked to Milligan for a long while at the resurface party and he had a lot of interesting things to say about the politics of the scene and the bubble called Toronto. It is unfortunate that his talent gets stiffled in his home city and he feels he needs to go elsewhere in order to fulfill his creative potentiality. I wish him the best and am sure he will be back in Toronto to play on 8 or so turntables soon!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
So I went to Tokyo this past weekend.
<uh huh>
Checked out Jeff 'algorithm/algorythm' Milligan at Womb.
<okay>
It was a great lil club across the street from a Gehry mess.
<wassup?>
Really hot up inside.
<shuddup>

Similar to Tempo, but still sweet aural sex to my virgin(like) ears.

The ladies I was with could not stand the opening djs and left before he started. whonwhon.

Destroyo

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
It sucks I had to miss this. I've enjoyed reading everyone's review and descriptive thoughts on his shows in Toronto. Thank goodness I can keep up on TRIBE and myspace....:)

why not

TRIBE Member
Jonesy said:
i wanted to go to this party, but my bongos were in the repair shop.

LOLaroo!

and i can't believe that there are two people in this thread who've never seen jeff play before - where have you been?

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
Last time I saw him play was probably for fukhouse at System. That was probably the last time I saw him, until two weeks ago at Footwerk.
My favourite memory was at the first Harvest fest when it was him vs Blotto. Captivating! That was the best Harvest i've been to. :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Kid

TRIBE Member
People living under rocks for the past ten years?!

One of my favourite memories was seeing jeff wing a record at some cracked out raver at a Syrous party years ago... and then almost got himself kicked out by security...hahahaha... wish I hadn't missed this, had a nap after work and didn't wake up in time. DOH!

philly

TRIBE Member
Destro Sanchez said:
So I went to Tokyo this past weekend.
<uh huh>
Checked out Jeff 'algorithm/algorythm' Milligan at Womb.
<okay>
It was a great lil club across the street from a Gehry mess.
<wassup?>
Really hot up inside.
<shuddup>

Similar to Tempo, but still sweet aural sex to my virgin(like) ears.

The ladies I was with could not stand the opening djs and left before he started. whonwhon.

Destroyo
LoL....

definitely a good night. spent most of my time on the patio chilling and burning with friends, but as soon as azumi was on, we migrated our way over to the dance floor plus as maria mentioned, she's easy on the eyes. really liked what she was playing. there were some times when her flow was a little off, but she would recover with the next track or two. jeff had a pretty good set, solid as usual and i liked the little classic house he played. we need more horns back in our music.

wikked night and i didn't even realize that IV was the old we'ave. i need to go out more....

thanks for coming out maria, didn't think i'd see many people there that i knew but it's always good to have a partner in crime.

sorry for keeping you out so late too... hope you had a good trip up north.

Last edited:

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
philly said:
thanks for coming out maria, didn't think i'd see many people there that i knew but it's always good to have a partner in crime.

sorry for keeping you out so late too... hope you had a good trip up north.
look at you being a trickster! i wouldn't have seen your secret message if i hadn't quoted!!

i had a very sleepy trip up North, thank you. not that i got to sleep. nope! i stayed awake and played with my niece on 3 hours sleep after a 4-hour car ride! ouf!

it IS always good to have a partner in crime... and you're a great one at that! always ready to hit the dancefloor or smoke the wacky tobacky...

even Jeff was grateful for our dancin feet! woot!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
so long jeff,it's been a blast having you around this month,thanks for rocking it out at our tempo night,along with your other gigs,made me feel like 1998 all over again.best of luck in japan and abroad.

yeah,how the fuck haven't people seen this guy before?just goes to show it's never too late to spread the message...cheers!

curt

technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 =:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

miller

TRIBE Member
I was there for a bit but was way too snapped-up and side-lined myself.

Hope and trust Milligan killed-it.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
didnt his name used to be algoryhtym>?
if so, he used to slay me at the destiny friday parties @ the party center back in like 93