• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

jeans hemming question

rentboy

TRIBE Member
really can't be bothered looking into this...so i thought i'd ask tribe.

anyone know of a joint on the westsiiiiiide that hems jeans?

thanks

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
rentboy said:
heh..see, i'm too tired right now to even check that.

thanks tho.
Loser, there's a new proximity feature in the yellowpages so that you can see whats closest to you.

Ps. loser

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

mingster

TRIBE Member
i go to a dry cleaning/alterations place on the NE corner at bloor on ossington.

nothing spectacular. but she's friendly, competitive, efficient and hasn't fucked any of my stuff up yet.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
hey Chris,

the dry cleaner in our building at is awesome... and he hems jeans. it's close to you I think... 1000 King St W on the NE corner of King and Shaw.

:)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Jennika said:
hey Chris,

the dry cleaner in our building at is awesome... and he hems jeans. it's close to you I think... 1000 King St W on the NE corner of King and Shaw.

:)

thanks Jen :)

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
not sure if you've already sorted your jeans Chris but there's a place in Yorkville, near Over the Rainbow, in the 'mall' next door. He charges $15, or $20 if you want to keep the original hem.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
ask for the "same" hem as the jeans have, most places can do a shorten its pretty straight forward. Don't go to the place at Niagara and King (beside foggy dew) they suck. Someone mentioned Kim's Tailoring, i'm going to drop some stuff there for alterations.

TemperMINT

TRIBE Member
This isn't on the westend, but I just had to share.. I found this tailor in Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & 404) that charges only $3 for jeans!! He's great!

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
TemperMINT said:
This isn't on the westend, but I just had to share.. I found this tailor in Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & 404) that charges only $3 for jeans!! He's great!

Where is it exactly? I live in the area.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
jess, did you leave the jeans on when you did your staple-hem? I am pretty sure that Bedazzler-skin contact is a really bad idea, but I like to think that I know my way around a Swingline.

Bean

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
ask for the "same" hem as the jeans have, most places can do a shorten its pretty straight forward.
i think that's called european style (at least that's what my tailor calls it). he's on the east side of roncesvalles, just south of howard park, high park tailoring. i think he charges about $10 to hem pants.

TemperMINT

TRIBE Member
His store is in the indoor mall next to Honest Lawyers (where Olive Garden used to be.. RIP).. I think it's called the Shoppes on Parkway. I don't remember the store name right now, but I have his business card somewhere and I can post up the name and phone number this weekend. If I forget just PM me on the weekend and I'll find it.

I've only used him twice so far, once to replace a zipper on a pair of jeans (he did a great job!!), and last week I had a pair of R&Rs hemmed. I'm comparing it to one I got hemmed at Holt Renfrew and the only difference I can find is width between the very bottom of the jean and the stitching. The one from this guy is 0.5 inches and the HR hem was 0.3 inches.