• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jay Kaufman Presents The Mistique Clique - August 29th, 2014 - bass house, UK garage, deep house

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/jaykaufman/jay-kaufman-presents-the-mistique-clique-august-29th-2014[/SOUNDCLOUD]

'Deep house' has become one of those dirty words to me. The stuff masquerading as deep house really isn't all that deep and possibly isn't even that house-y, but it's big on groove, vocals and sounds a bit nu-disco-esque too. On top of that, there's a big sound that's coming out of London and Bristol that's very bass driven that also seems to get classed into this 'deep house' banner, when really it's more influenced by 2 Step, UK Garage, Dubstep and Speed Garage. I didn't like speed garage the first time around in the mid-1990s, but for some reason I love the modern incarnation of it. This is a combination of those two sounds together - because they fit quite well!

Jay Kaufman presents The Mistique Clique - August 29th, 2014

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE - LABEL - CATALOGUE NUMBER

1. TCTS featuring Sam Sure - You - Games E.P. - MTA 040
2. Black Light Smoke featuring Léah Lazonick - Morning Comes - Firefly E.P. - Scissor & Thread 019
3. CLASSIXX featuring Karl Dixon - Into The Valley (Julio Bashmore remix) - DTFD 029
4. Ali Love featuring Kenny Glasgow - Ride On - Pump - Crosstown Rebels Music CD026
5. Low Steppa & Reset Safari - Voice In My Head - The City E.P. - Simma Black 021
6. Jason Burns - Hold On (Club mix) - Do Without E.P. - Love & Other 004
7. Hot Natured - Benediction (GRADES remix) - FFRR
8. Hanna Wants & Chris Lorenzo - Breathe - Girls E.P. - Food 012
9. You & Alex - Dance Like Nobody's Watching You - Scheeweiss III - Stil Vor Talent CD127
10. Duke Dumont featuring Jax Jones - I Got U (Jonas Rathsman remix) - Blasé Boys Club
11. Beesmunt Soundsystem - How I Wish - Just Jack Recordings 001
12. Teenage Mutants vs. Kruse & Nuernberg - Don't Be Afraid - Don't Be Afraid E.P. - Light My Fire 028
13. Eli & Fur featuring Shadow Child - Seeing Is Believing (Original mix) - Defected Records 440
14. Low Steppa & Reset Safari - Lost Our Mind - The City E.P. - Simma Black 021
15. Celsius - Attrition - Attrition E.P. - MadTech Records 021
16. Dusky - Love Taking Over - Love Taking Over E.P. - 17 Steps 001
17. Friend Within - The Scene - The Renegade E.P. - Method Records 001