• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Janet's boob: the uproar.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So now they are taking back the decision to let her present Luther Vandross with a Lifetime Achievement award at the Grammy's because of "public furor."

Who the hell is furious about this?

Seriously, when this kinda shit happens, who really is pissed off? No one is it seems except for the network.
Are they talking about family organizations? Because I haven't read anything from them.

And what about JT? He's the one who ripped off her frickin' boob coverage. Why doesn't he get any flack? This world is seriously fucked.

kuba

TRIBE Member
first off

she is an old dirty bag

who cares is right

people in power are over reacting

same people who said ok to countless of sexual-laden commercials

same people who ok the use of sex to sell a sport

but, thats the fcc, viacom, and the nfl for you.

I dont think JT is to blame, though.

but, like you said, who cares.

and, like i said, whats the big deal?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Okay Sunny for real.

It's not that big of a deal and there's already been 5 threads about it.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
IT'S A FUCKING TIT.

I still don't see what the big deal is. You can watch people get murdered on TV... but showing a tit for barely even a full second results in complete hysteria.

stupid north american culture neesd to grow up.

what.the.fuck.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Poor JC from *NSynC won't be allowed to preform at at the Pro Bowl halftime show because he was in the same band as Justin at one point, and maybe he would do something "controversial" as well. This makes no sense.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AVE

TRIBE Member
it gets better.....

Tenn. Woman Files Suit Over Super Bowl
(AP, 02/05/2004 3:55 PM)

Terri Carlin wants to make Janet Jackson 's bare breast into a federal case.

Carlin filed a proposed class action lawsuit in U.S. District Court Wednesday against Jackson, singer Justin Timberlake , broadcasters MTV and CBS and their parent company, Viacom.

Carlin alleges that she and others who watched the halftime show during Sunday's Super Bowl were injured by the performers' lewd actions when Timberlake ripped off part of Jackson's costume, exposing her breast.

In the lawsuit, Carlin charges that the exposure and "sexually explicit conduct" by other performers during the show injured viewers.

"As a direct and proximate result of the broadcast of the acts, (Carlin) and millions of others saw the acts and were caused to suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury," the lawsuit says.

But Carlin, who works in a bank, doesn't specify the type of injury allegedly suffered.

"All of the defendants knew that the Super Bowl, the pre-eminent sports event in the United States, would be watched by millions of families and children," says the lawsuit filed by Knoxville attorney Wayne A. Ritchie II. "Nevertheless, (they) included in the halftime show sexually explicit acts solely designed to garner publicity and, ultimately, to increase profits for themselves."

The lawsuit charges that the broadcast companies and the two singers violated an "implied" contract with viewers not to subject them to lewd actions.

"Families have an expectation that they can trust companies and individuals such as the defendants not to expose families to sexually explicit conduct during broadcasts of prime time events such as the Super Bowl," the lawsuit says.

Jackson has apologized for the incident, saying a red lace garment was supposed to remain over her breast when an outer garment was ripped away. She denied that the NFL, CBS, or MTV, which produced the halftime show for CBS, knew of her plans, and those entities all have condemned the performance.

The lawsuit says the broadcasters should have had a "sufficient broadcast delay" to censor the acts, even if they didn't know what Jackson and Timberlake planned to do on stage.

Carlin's lawsuit seeks billions of dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=216760

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Okay Sunny for real.

It's not that big of a deal and there's already been 5 threads about it.

It is a big deal for me because I am a fan and she's a human being who's now being shamed for this.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
fine. Let's start a few more threads about it then, in order to express the magnitude of your compassion.

:p

Casey

TRIBE Member
fine. Let's start a few more threads about it then, in order to express the magnitude of your compassion.

:p

You should start another thread about George Bush.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
If I was your girl, oh the things I'd do to you..

Janet is SO much better than Bush. Puh-lease.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! No, seriously, how's she ever expect to have kids and breast feed with that think poking through her nipple?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
something that matters and has an effect on the world. Right?

You live in a political world. To some people, music and culture are the important things.
I am one of those people.

Bush fucks the world up. While Janet makes us BOOGIE.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
If I was your girl, oh the things I'd do to you..

Janet is SO much better than Bush. Puh-lease.

uh. good point.

Except this tit thing has been done to shit.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! No, seriously, how's she ever expect to have kids and breast feed with that think poking through her nipple?

Dude, she's a total lesbian. READ BETWEEN THE LINES, ASSHOLE.

Casey

TRIBE Member
something that matters and has an effect on the world. Right?

we all have different values. As much as it may bother you, Janet Jackson matters to many people in this world, just like George Bush.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
uh. good point.

Except this tit thing has been done to shit.

I guess so. I guess I don't read enough of Tribe to get sick of it. I'm talking more about the backlash and censorship.

Why don't we talk about other incidents then?