• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jamie Kidd - PENALTY FOR MISUSE - TechHouse/Minimal/Acid/Techno

JK

TRIBE Promoter
I recorded this mix just over a month ago and finally decided to post it...
A nice mix progressing through minimal, tech house and twisted techno.
Enjoy;

JAMIE KIDD - Penalty For Misuse

download (right-click to save as): http://www.jamiekidd.com/jamiekidd_penaltyformisuse.mp3

tracklisting:

Trentemoller - Chameleon
Alex Under - Las Bicicletas Son Para El Verano
Robag Wruhme - Beatkutter
Guido Schneider meets Jens Bond - Oh My Buffer
H-Man - Manga
John Dahlback - Dance Attack
Duniz & Hendrixx - Fallin
DJ ESP - Slow-Mo
Dominik Eulberg - Tigerkralle
D. Diggler - Sicht Der Dinge
Cirez D - Knockout
Kleph & Thayer - Fucking the Synth
T. Schumacher - Tiger
2 Dollar Egg - Naxos
Rocco Branko - Kapital (Einmusik remix)
Dominik Eulberg - Basstopel
Blome & Grummich - Get Knarz
17th - A2
Sven Vath - Vision (State Three)

19 tracks; 64 minutes

If anyone is interested in a trackmarked cd copy, please feel free to contact me at jk@jamiekidd.com

Last edited:

d.code

TRIBE Member
A++

I really like this mix. Great energy!

If this mix dosn't make you want to be a freak then you are not a freak.

"Guido Schneider meets Jens Bond - Oh My Buffer"

^^ Great tune.

extra points for making a mix that I would have made if we had the same records (which we almost do).

tHiS iS mY kInD oF fUnK.

-mr.brick

Skipper

TRIBE Member
there are some dirrrrty dirrty basslines in this mix! nicely done - really funky and groovy. I really like the track at 18 mins - which is it?

and everyone loves that Cirez D track! myself included...but I had no idea it was so popular.

JK

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Skipper
there are some dirrrrty dirrty basslines in this mix! nicely done - really funky and groovy. I really like the track at 18 mins - which is it?
thanks for the great reviews.....

the track at 18 min is 'John Dahlback - Dance Attack'..... definitely a killer.

JK

TRIBE Promoter
yess..... the disco megamix (which I will be doing in ableton) is still a while off but it should be a scorcher.

JK

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by aki
i've had this in my cd player for a week now. really liking it.

Originally posted bylou kang
really liked the mix..the Robag track particularly...sounds like the sample's sayin "B-Cup!!" heh
wicked, thanks guys..... I'm glad you're digging the mix.

JK

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by pseudonoise
Good Mix - how similar is this to your live sound?
it's close..... although I tend to do a combination dj/live p.a. thing now where I still use records and run ableton overtop with various original loops, samples and acapellas.
When I do strictly a live p.a. it's on more of an atmospheric and techno tip and only consists of my own material.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
good work, faunty had this on his ipod,and provided me with adequaltiy twisted music when I was in the mood for it... had no idea it was a tribers mix - good work.

Adboy

TRIBE Member
Man!
great Tracklist!
great mix!
great artist!

...this Set have POWER!

Ps. my homebirds get freakly then there have listen! dam!

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Wicked intro track. The tunes really seem to flow together really well. Some bumps in the mixing department 20 minute mark and the one following that but these are minor in the grand scheme of the mix. Great programming especially the acid at the 24 minute mark (is that ESP???) Lots of low end bass which is ace in my books. Alot of interesting tracks that I don't hear that often which is refreshing, cutting your own path. Overall this was very enjoyable to listen to.

Tight mix.
Good tracks.
Well done.

L-T

JK

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
Wicked intro track. The tunes really seem to flow together really well. Some bumps in the mixing department 20 minute mark and the one following that but these are minor in the grand scheme of the mix. Great programming especially the acid at the 24 minute mark (is that ESP???) Lots of low end bass which is ace in my books. Alot of interesting tracks that I don't hear that often which is refreshing, cutting your own path. Overall this was very enjoyable to listen to.

Tight mix.
Good tracks.
Well done.

L-T
great review - thanks!
yes_ the acid track at 24min is ESP - a classic on Definitive