• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

*James Bond - Everything Or Nothing*

Stan

TRIBE Member
It's practically the next James Bond movie, and it's coming to a video game console near you. Electronic Arts has pulled out all the stops, bringing in full-scale Hollywood production values, big-name Hollywood voice actors (Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, John Cleese, Willem Dafoe, Heidi Klum, Shannon Elisabeth, Mya), Hollywood screenwriting (Bruce Fierstein - Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is not Enough). Hell, they've even got Richard Kiel to do the voice of "Jaws", a recurring favourite Bond villain (The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker).

Ahh but how does it play? It's good. It's really good. Everything Or Nothing is being hailed by many as the best Bond game since Goldeneye. And rightly so. The switch from first person to third person view has opened up lots of great new gameplay opportunities, including the ability to wallhug, shoot around corners, dive and roll, and hand to hand combat. The driving / flying sequences are actually fun and add lots of gameplay variety, and don't feel tacked on. Using the Need For Speed engine, the vehicles actually handle semi-realistically, and look great as well. The actual game is a bit short, but that seems to be the norm, nowadays, and there's lots of unlockable stuff, so there's some replay value there.

My only real gripe with this game is that, since it's an EA game, there's no Live support, which is a god damned crying shame. This game is just screaming for an on-line co-op mode, or 8 player deathmatch. Or even better yet, a cool online racing mode with bikes and missiles. Or TANKS.

Anyway, here's some pretty pictures:

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, the best thing about this game - Q's ridiculously hot new Japanese assistant:

One can only hope that she'll be making a recurring appearance in the actual Bond movies.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the review. Is this game in stores now?

I like the look of the game, but I also feel likes it's a waste of money if it's not X Box live. Once I finish the game, it's just going to collect dust. Unlike X Box Live games that I have been playing for months.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
After I learned that Ninja Gaiden has been pushed back, I went ahead and got this game.

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cool.

I still miss the paintball guns from goldeneyes time though. ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear
And Stan, my brother says there are tanks?
Yep, there are tanks in the game. And they are facking cool. But imagine having a Tank mode in Multiplayer. You could have like 8 players, with 2 players per team - one person the driver and one person the gunner.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
sequels BORE me.

unfortunately, instead of coming up with clevar new ideas, the videogame industry is driven on sequels and sequels alone.

i mean SURE, the next title is usually always garanteed to be better than the last...

graphics have/will soon plateau... let's see some fucking ingenuity people!