• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jailed for a grouper

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Colombia man 'jailed over grope'
A bicycle courier in Colombia has been given a four-year jail sentence for grabbing a woman pedestrian's bottom, a TV station has reported.

A judge's ruling - criticised by some as being too harsh - ruled the courier had committed an abusive sexual act.

Diana Marcela Diaz told RCN that the courier had cycled off after groping her, but had been caught by passers-by.

When he was arrested, she was given the option of slapping him, letting him go, or filing a complaint.

She had chosen to set a precedent that would stop sexist behaviour, she said.

RCN described the sentence as historic, but some lawyers condemned it as excessive.

A female member of the national ombudsman's office said the courier had only acted out of lust.

"He didn't use violence or commit a sexual act," she was quoted as saying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4746760.stm

-------------------------------------------

4 years! damn!!!!

Kiera

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
"He didn't use violence or commit a sexual act," she was quoted as saying.
aaah yes he did. Four years is a little much though. Maybe some sensativity training and 6 months would have been good. I wonder if he had a record or something.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Kiera said:
aaah yes he did. Four years is a little much though. Maybe some sensativity training and 6 months would have been good. I wonder if he had a record or something.

Ok wait a second here!

If I grab your arm, at worst its assault but if I grab your ass its sexual assault.

Why is your butt considered sexual while your arm isn't? Which part of the human body are considered sexual, are they the same for men and women?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
i should work undercover at the next tribe party and put all you motherfuckers away for life.

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Ok wait a second here!

If I grab your arm, at worst its assault but if I grab your ass its sexual assault.

Why is your butt considered sexual while your arm isn't? Which part of the human body are considered sexual, are they the same for men and women?
That's just silly; the argument here is in the intent / motivation.
Yeah, the guy on the bike was just trying to get her attention :rolleyes:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

quantumize

TRIBE Member
yes he did assault her sexually by the definition of sexual assault, however, a 4 year sentence is proposterous, and just another example of how judges are not in touch with reality

Kiera

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Ok wait a second here!

Any area of the body that is covered by underwear should not be touched by strangers.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
According to the 2006 Tremeears's Criminal Code sexual assault is not restricted to sexual organs, in fact it goes on to say that even an affront to sexual integrety and sexual dignity may be sufficient ground for a sexual assault.

that being said 4 years for this is still laughable

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
According to the 2006 Tremeears's Criminal Code sexual assault is not restricted to sexual organs, in fact it goes on to say that even an affront to sexual integrety and sexual dignity may be sufficient ground for a sexual assault.

that being said 4 years for this is still laughable

Especially when you consider this is columbia and people get shorter sentances for murder

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Just to clarify, if you smack some hot dame on the ass and say "hey toots, nice shoes" that's sexual assault?

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
technowelt said:
So if a woman is not wearing a bra, then it is fair game?
Of course! If any women decides to dress like a hot slut, then she's only bringing it on herself. Isn't that the standard? I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

annec

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Especially when you consider this is columbia and people get shorter sentances for murder
In Bogota, people steal manhole covers and get less time than this!

quantumize

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
Just to clarify, if you smack some hot dame on the ass and say "hey toots, nice shoes" that's sexual assault?
technically it is sexual assault, however, it is one of those cases where prosecution wold be at the discretion of the victim, and even then likley to be dismissed by a judge, unless you are lucky and get a nut job judge....

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
annec said:
In Bogota, people steal manhole covers and get less time than this!

Its funny last year me and my roommate made it a point to watch all the south american beauty pagents. The Miss Columbia pagent was classic. picture 40 women all 5'10" tall and all looking identicle to one another.

Yes we couldn't understand a damn thing that was being said, but really do you need the commentary during the bathing suit comp anyway?

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
quantumize said:
technically it is sexual assault, however, it is one of those cases where prosecution wold be at the discretion of the victim, and even then likley to be dismissed by a judge, unless you are lucky and get a nut job judge....
but thats one of my best moves!