• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Jail Pushups

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever tried these?

It's when you get a deck of cards, put it on the table, flip one over and do the corresponding amount of pushups.. face cards count as 10 and aces are a 1 minute break.

You can also take a sip of water after each card if you want.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Flashy_McFlash
When I did tae kwon do, we did those at the dojo.

Aces counted as 'switch to situps'.

:(
was your dojo in fact a jail?

switch to situps.. ouch!! pushups already kill your abs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Flashy_McFlash
That was the warmup. After that, there was sparring.
when i took karate i just remember there being a lot of pushups and crunches. and if you were fucking about, they would make you do knuckle pushups on the corrugated rubber mats.. ouch. :(

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
I don;t get it.. is this supposed to be some sort of a game?
no.. it's a workout that gets you to do 340 pushups.. do this for a few days and you'll notice a diff.. it'll cut you good.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
i'd be too worried about getting ass-jammed than playing push ups with a deck of cards!
if you're in your cell all alone you can do jail pushups as much as you want.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by marcinm
no.. it's a workout that gets you to do 340 pushups.. do this for a few days and you'll notice a diff.. it'll cut you good.

wouldn't it be the same to just do as many as you can and as many sets as you can.. untill you jsut can't do anymore?

Funzo

TRIBE Member
We played that too, but instead of push-ups it was how many times you'd shank the guy.

I miss Ol' Millbrooke

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
wouldn't it be the same to just do as many as you can and as many sets as you can.. untill you jsut can't do anymore?
no.. because this varies it up and makes it less boring.. also.. most people go overboard and max out in their first set by doing like 30 and then afterwards it's a struggle.

there's motivation in finishing the whole deck.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by marcinm
when i took karate i just remember there being a lot of pushups and crunches. and if you were fucking about, they would make you do knuckle pushups on the corrugated rubber mats.. ouch. :(
We would do knuckle pushups regardless. If you were mucking about or were late you would do knuckle pushups on the tile hard floor.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

depraved

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djfear
We would do knuckle pushups regardless. If you were mucking about or were late you would do knuckle pushups on the tile hard floor.
I wonder: if you respectfully decline the offer of punishment for being late, what then? Would Sensei get all Crouching Tiger on your ass?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories