1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jack Tripper Aka Dylan T "When The Power Dies" April 2010- Lush Science Based Tekjak

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by dtox, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

Jack Tripper Aka Dylan T
    "When The Power Dies" April 2010

Right Click Save As:

BLAMMO

Consists of:

Vinyl records only played on:
    Two Technics 1200MKII turntables processed by:
    Two Ortofon Nightclub Styli’s and then shoved into:
    One Allen and Heath XONE62 mixer

Tracklisting:

1. Hot Chip “No Fit State” (Audion remix)
    2. Conforce “Rare Education”
    3. Ester Brinkmann feat. Iraq Wool “Ribosomes”
    4. Osborne “Ruling” (Bogdan Raczynski remix)
    5. Hell Featuring Bryan Ferry “You Can Dance” (Teufelswerk Album Version)
    6. Hours Of worship “Thirteenth Key”
    7. Walter Meego “Through a Keyhole”
    8. Tensnake “White Dog”
    9. Ost & Kjex “Shanghai My Cheddar”
    10. The Rapture “W.A.Y.U.H” (Claudes Vocal Pantydropper Mix)
    11. Modeselektor “Cash”
    12. Captain Comatose “100 $” (Live Version)
    13. Telex “Raised By Snakes” (Shake Mix) – if anyone has a pressing of the original they are willing to part with please advise.
    14. Traxx “XTC 4 Luv” Featuring James T Cotton
    15. Thomas Brinkmann “Beate” (Outside track)
    16. Gui Boratto “The Glam”
    17. Critical Loss Of Power

Recorded at 320Kbs
    Length: 50:39 min
    One Shot, No Plan, No Editing
    RAW

Feedback encouraged.
    Adjust you speaker volume to “careful” and your Eq to “angered neighbours” due to low end resonant frequencies.
    Enjoy.
    Lastly: A nod to the hardest working dj I currently know of Monsignor Wilkes spanx again bro!

2. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

bueller? thoughts? Many a view and not a word?

3. soulmantra

soulmantra TRIBE Member

well i listened and i know how hard it is to get any sort of feedback so here is mine right off the top of my head and not edited for content or feelings.
    - very cohesive but found the story nature of the vocal samples on the records chosen to be quite boring (i almost stopped listening after the rhibosomes or whatever it was saying... something just annoyed the piss outta me with that track).
    - besides the track above... nothing really stuck out as being particularly good OR bad.
    - really enjoyed from about 14 - 24 minute section... nice groove admittedly set up by the beginning of the set even though i didn't care for it.
    - found the last half had lots of sounds i found annoying or that i've maybe just grown tired of.
    - well put together and very smooth
    - sweet that you used records
    - not as much of a journey as i like to be taken on these days

thanks for sharing... it's well worth a listen and the right ears will be real into it i suspect.

4. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think as you say it is prob not full on your style. you did however give it a listen which is appreciated.

[​IMG]
    NOW FOLKS!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

second page bump, feedback encouraged folks. Anyone still download mixes? Lotsa views? No news.......
    Peww Peww!!!
    [​IMG]

6. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

I liked it from 20 min in to the end, but I thought that the mixes were too quick - but I like hearing full tracks. Some of the tracks had sounds that were veering on annoying, but generally I thought it was a nice set.

7. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

technics1200 :O technics1200