• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

J-Mat & Hatiras @ Element

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Fucking amazing set by J-Mat! Though I wouldn't expect anything less from such a pro! :D Nice work Matt!

Only stayed for about 40 mins of Hatiras' set but he played Daft Punk so what else would I care about hearing? :p

Place was rammed - props to Activate and 2theBeat.

SJ

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
J-Mat played an incredible set. everyone was gushing about it afterwards! so cute!
the Hatiras track with live accompaniment was fun, but i had to work this morning so i made an early and sober retreat.
it was freakin rammed in there!
nice to meet Terrawrist for the first time and see a whole slew of my favourite people.

GET IT J-MAT, GET IT!!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I know now that taking my jacket off is a good thing.
Thank you Reverand Ravey Davey for the Red Bull and Mr ColerAge for the first Redbull.

I like these nights, everyone out is just plain super!

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
yeah that was good times. wish i could have stuck around a little longer but work this morning called.

great set by j-mattitude, making me realise how long it's been since i've heard this man spin.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Good times - I haven't been out on a weeknight in ages (and am currently paying for it).

Matt threw down a bunch of tracks from his latest CD, which had me in a bit of a groove. Then Hatiras came on, seemed to get everyone going. I liked the dude with the guitar, that was pretty unexpected.

Props to the bsharps for making it fun, and for JesUx for letting me ramble on to her. :p

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Wednesday night Element Review: Return of the the Thursday Stoopids

If someone had have told me that when I stepped into the club last night that I'd actually travelled to the near future of this Friday I probably would have believed them by the end of the night. IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT PEOPLE!! SETTLE DOWN!! I've been to long weekend parties that didn't have this kind of energy. Holy smokes it was bumping in there. Total props to J-Mat and Hatiras and Hatjack and Evan for playing some amazing music. They're DJs with very different styles but each brought their full game and that was what made the evening special. The live elements from Hatjack brought the crowd up that extra notch from excited to a complete freak out. I'm coining a new word to discribe last night. Pandemic. It was a full on pandemic in there by 12:00.

I'd also like to note that there was a glut of gorgeous women there last night. I think someone's been importing them from the finest woman producing regions in Canada. You were all hot! Every one of you!

But enough from me. I need to go drink a second pot of coffee before I pass out on the floor.

The Shout Outs:

Big ups to the regulars.

Laura, it was awesome meeting you last night you're way to much fun. Monika you're crazy girl. And Sarah, hope you like the CD.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the two girls who gave me the free beer, then made me chug it, then danced on the speaker box for the rest of the night. Dancing on speaker boxes on a Wednesday night is just unheard of, kudos to you! The hetero men thank you for it. ;)

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Definately good times! For a wed. i wasnt expecting craziness but it was a geat party with a great vibe.

Lost of fun, too much booze and not enough sleep but it was worth it.

smack

TRIBE Member
Activate Wednesdays amazes me. Its always PACKED, they get all the great local DJs, full of great people, cheap drinks, and its on a Wednesday! I'm glad I checked it out last night. I wish I could of heard more of J-Mat, but I just got in while he was finishing. Lots of beautiful women in the house last night too. You guys have a great thing going. See you next week.

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
So I knew Hatiras was gonna rock it, and apparently so did everyon else cause it was packed!

With such a tight set I figured it he would be a hard act to follow, but low and behold Ev had the surprise set tonight. Seriously, I had to double check who was up there at times the beats were so good. Some chunky breaks were a great way to end off the night!

a few questios though:

who was the bass player?

and who let Mark up on the box?

dear lord.. :D

D.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
oh, and whoever did the plastering job of the Hatiras posters inside the bar, sometimes LESS IS MORE.
holy overkill batman.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Holy Shit what a NIGHT!!!!!

was breaking in the new roomie last night so we turned one on, as per usual....

got to element about 11:30 to hear the last bits of what sounded like a great set from Matt/J-Mat.. kudos!

I think about 12 Hatiras came on and literally tore shit up... the dude on the mic was a nice touch every once in awhile -- i like how he seemed to know not to overdo it :) totally enjoyed the whole set though -- had me dancin up a storm. towards the end when I thought i heard 'this is hatiras last track' i was a lil surprised not to hear spaced invader....... then he dropped another last track and sure enuff! hehe nice :)

Evan came on after and laid down proper as well... placed cleared a bit so dancing space was made :)

around 2ish trekked home with the new roomie... tossed a delissio (not delivery!) into the oven.. and 10 min later stopped it cause we were trekkin back to element to pick up her friend.. ended up stayin in there and closing the place and killin the dancefloor to the end of evans set..

Evan I was really impressed with how you played.. I really enjoyed it. thanks!

what a night!!!!!!!!!!! great to see the regulars... not-so-regulars.. and the becoming-regulars ;)

Welcome aboard Laura!!! :D

Cheers,

Dave

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
oh, and whoever did the plastering job of the Hatiras posters inside the bar, sometimes LESS IS MORE.
holy overkill batman.
yeah, I was told that the "Hatiras is spinning tonight?" joke had already been played out by the time I got there. *sigh*

beaker

TRIBE Member
great to see so many familiar faces and a crowd that was totally up for it.

nice to meet hatiras (hatjak is a rockin' idea).

thanks to the activate kroo for having me. :D

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Booty Bits
holy overkill batman.
holy highschool flashback batman! i felt like a senior again last night...lots of drunken friends and cheesy decorating... the only thing missing was the shiny dis co dis co shiny discoball.

fantastic sets by j-mat, hatiras, and evan-g!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Fun times!

Wicked set Matt :D I thought the floor was gonna drop, it was shaking so damn hard- the bass dood during Hatiras set was awesome.

Merci to Laura, Finch, Turtle and Amy for a wicked lobster dinner beforehand (my apologies to everyone, im sure i reeked of garlic:p)

~Lori

jasonchaos

TRIBE Promoter
Another wednesday in da books! Ouch my Liver!
Awesome night, great performances by all, J-Mat, Evan and Hat Jack! Yous all rocked it well! Lots of energy and definitely the busiest night of 2004! Great job to Activate and Crew always fun keep em coming!

Jason Chaos

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
good times last night...LOTS of new faces and the always trouble making familiar ones;) ...good tunes last night, when i got in beaker dropped a good set to get things moving fast..REALLY didn't expect it to be that rammed that early on but it was a nice change...I MAY make this a regular thing on humpday:)

to the folks I did meet it was really nice to meet you

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
just needed to say again.. what a FUN night that was last night.. great tunes by all who spun.. THANKS!

lok

TRIBE Member
<piece on great to see familiar faces>

<agreement with vibe>

<jmat=le awesome. hatiras nice balance of the house and tekhouse. jumping crowd>

okay. hahaha. that was fun. the trip to taste of hong kong after was also very fruitful. A cornocopia of greatness.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
I could watch KF dance all friggin nite! :D
no, you'd get sick of it eventually. Besides, if you stand too close to him, you might get punched in the face due to those erratic arm jerks of his.

ha!

twitch

TRIBE Member
Great night... As always. (I feel I repeat myself every week)

Seriously good tunes all night though, like a few others I was expecting great sets from J-Mat and Hatiras, and they obviously delivered. But yeah I was suprised to hear such a great set from the drunk :) (Evan) Perfect way to follow up after Hatiras. Evan, I liked those electro-ey songs you played.

Originally posted by DJAlchemy
and who let Mark up on the box?
Haha, my friends put change and bills down his pants (but kept the bills).

Well see ya next wednesday for some JEL-O
Nick

Last edited: