• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

J-Dub

deebo

TRIBE Member
Great party. J-Dub rocked a packed dancefloor at hush/underbar (whatever it's called?). He played some solid tunes all night. (well until 3am when I left - i wish i could have stayed longer as the party was definetly not done.)

The sound system in Hush must be new cuz it sounded ALOT better than before. And seems like they redecorated a bit, painted it more colourful. It defiently has a much more warmer feel to it.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
checked out this party, I loved it when it was Aria, the new owners definitely kept the intimate, comfortable feel of the club and maximize the space, thumbs up on that front. Caught most of Drury's set, had me on the dancefloor at times by myself but the sweet house beats were all I needed, then J-Dub continued the vibe as the place nicely filled up. Unfortunately I imbibed a little more than usual and had to bail at 2:30a when it started to be difficult to keep my eyes open. Somehow though a drunken phone call received during the cab ride convinced me to keep the party going and head to a jam at Queen and Dovercourt. I don't know what was going on but I did recognize a few Tribers and chilled with exrboy for a bit. Anyway that was an adventure.

Good times at Hush, I'll definitely be back.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
wow

Can i tell you that was the best friday night i've had @ Hush

Mikey had the crowd around his finger. Everybody was having a good time, gettin in and getting down to some sexy drury sounds

and i mean everbody

J-Dub rawked something fierce still, i haven't seen him since he opened up for Farina n' Carter @ Sneaks beats '02, but i must say if he's bringing that chi-town chunky, shake your ass house again to toronto

i'ma be all up in that :^)

got a few new faces to the venue and from what i've read and talked about, nothing but good things

P.S--> i noticed that the hottie ratio was way up from last time, not only that but they were fun hotties, not sit there and be wallflower hotties, i mean get on the dancefloor n' give'r hotties (both guys and dolls btw)

JAR

TRIBE Member
:) :D

that's about all the review I can muster at this point...but once again, Tantric was a SMASHING SUCCESS!!

Drury - :D
J-Dub - :D
me on Monday morning - :eek:

Hush/Underbar - the new hotspot!

sincerely,

JAR JAR BINKS

Last edited:

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Better late then never!

Well what can I say...I started dancin as soon as I got there...MR. Michael Drury...where have you been all my life?

Your music so soulful, your tunes so sassy, your beats so sexy...I picked the best night in a LONGGGGGG time and I have to say...I am a loyal fan...please keep me in the loop for more of your journeys...I don't want to miss out...

It was so awesome to see my friends...it's been a while since I've seen some of you and let me say...distance does make the heart grow fonder...Big Cheese...the look on your face was priceless...tehehe...and yes, the hotties were not only plentiful they were everywhere I looked, danced and touched!

Jar...thanks for the best night...;)...cheers to pre-party's

J-Dub...looks like 3 times a charm and I'm hooked...I loved your music, attitude and presence...Hush is the best venue for house...it seems to command this Chicago vibe that we harness so much...can't wait to see what else you have in store for us girlies...BTW...kudos on the sound system upgrade...that was an investment for sure...;)

But I do have to say...Michael Drury...you could've danced me outside...your set was the best, the vocals had me singing and I couldn't appreciate your talent anymore...yes, I love J-Dub and his stylezzzzz...but honey...I never met a man who could stay so true to himself...especially through music...keep singing the praise and kickin ass...our time is coming! sincerely KWE

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
WOW, Crystal.........I'm speachless, in fact teary-eyed!

Seriously babe, you've made me cry.................

Big hug, big kiss next time I see you.

ONE LOVE!

Drury

dstarr

TRIBE Member
J DUB ROCKS

I really think that the Dubber is, pound for pound, one of the better djs out there. If he's on point and really throwing down then you better hope you have your dancin' shoes on.

One of the better nights I had last year was at Element when he was there.. I think he had a residency.. but it was so killer.. people jumping.. chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!"

Plus, he's a first class guy and he really loves playing for the Toronto peeps.

I guess he picked up some funk bombs at Sneak's earlier and dropped some fresh goodness for everyone.

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dstarr
J DUB ROCKS

I really think that the Dubber is, pound for pound, one of the better djs out there. If he's on point and really throwing down then you better hope you have your dancin' shoes on.

One of the better nights I had last year was at Element when he was there.. I think he had a residency.. but it was so killer.. people jumping.. chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!"

Plus, he's a first class guy and he really loves playing for the Toronto peeps.

I guess he picked up some funk bombs at Sneak's earlier and dropped some fresh goodness for everyone.

I totally agree in fact I think he sounded very much like Sneak...he didn't play like he did at Element last year...so my mistake I kinda expected him to throw down some more soul like I was accustom to him doing...nonetheless he was still on point and kicked my ass...

Mr. Drury...can't deny the truth! mmmm kisses

JAR

TRIBE Member
P1000306.jpg

awwww yeah!!!

ps. where are the pics of Drury?!?!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders