1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

It's the 100 year anniverary! How many of you girls were Girl Guides?

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by alexd, May 15, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

My friend Lady Bass is DJing at their hundred year anniversary this weekend, and it got me thinking... They really need a special DJ merit badge to give her, so I designed one:

[​IMG]

I was a scout way back, and the amazing skills I learned are still with me today! I totally can find North with a needle and a cork, and my canoeing skills totally impressed my gf of a couple of years ago at Borreal. Also, I love campfires and grilling meat.

How many of you were girl guides?

2. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

cute badge alex :p

I was a girl guide :D Loved it!!! I just wish i could remember a bit more from what I learned ;)

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I was a brownie and a girl scout (in France, not here).

4. *+lady bass+*

*+lady bass+* TRIBE Member

Thanks Alex :)

i can definitely say that after DJing 8 hours to 14,000 girl guides, brownies and sparks while they painted and did art, and danced and sang around me, I successfully earned my DJ badge. :)

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I was a brownie for like 2 weeks.
    it was fucking lame and ghey and I hated it and I would get in trouble from the mean fat old owl leader (or whatever they are called) that looked like a man. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever, so i quit that pretty quickly and stuck to my ballet.
    *pirouettes out of thread*

6. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

I was in Brownies for 2 days? Hated it.

My daughter is in Sparks, she seems to like it. We'll see if she does Brownies next year.

7. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa TRIBE Member

Yup! I was a brownie - but was soooo annoyed with the fact that I was in the 'little people' group. Being insanely tall - it wasnt a good fit. I had a hate on for all the gals who were part of the fairy bunch.

I also earned my hostess badge by having my skirt tucked in my panty hose. Sigh. :eek:

Does everyone remember the little belts that you wore with the pouch that carried you to your 'dues' in? Mine was missing the mini pencil holder. I also didnt have a sash - so my Mom had to sew all of badges along my arms.

Hated guided though. It felt like I was in the army.

8. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i raided many girl guide campgrounds as a boyscout. we should have gotten a badge for it.

that would be one interesting dj gig though.

did you drop billy idol's 'mony, mony', or rock master scott & the dynamic three's 'the roof is on fire'? :D

9. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I was a cub scout / boy scout for many many years.

My Dad was a leader. He said he would only agree to take on being a leader if he could bring his son AND daughter. I went to every single meeting, camping trip, apple selling..you name it, I was there.

I was a girl guide for exactly 3 meetings. I HATED every second of it. I quit. I hated wearing the stupid blouse and skirt. The whole thing seemd way too nerdy to me. Bottom line, more fun hangin with the boys.