• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

It's COLD and I am FAT......

Sassy

TRIBE Member
I am feeling so blah today its not even funny :( I am just waiting till Feb is over and then I will be very happy and my usual spunky self, in the mean time I am trying to hit the gym on a regular basis and spend some quality time with my friends, bf and family. I am going to L.A. the first weekend of March so that is totally something to look forward to! :D

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
theirry,

you sound like how i felt back in late november / early december...a bit blah, struggled to get to the gym etc etc...since the new year i've totally increased my time in the gym, & for whatever reason i've managed to avoid getting sick...i've been eating a tonne of fruit (i usually do, but have increased it even more)...

i'm still going out, & although my intentions were to pull back a little on the all-nighters it still hasn't really happened :) (but thats not necessarily a bad thing)...

everybody goes through a little downtime, so maybe it's just your body indirectly asking for a break...

jc

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
What are you doing to have fun?
Hanging out with friends, bars, movies, the occasional club
Are you going out?
Out out? Not really. staying up till 8 am at clubs is reserved for warm weather ;)
Where are you going to have fun? Bars, clubs. Did hit stereo last weekend but didn't stay long.
Where are you going to see/meet new people?
it's too cold too meet new people/
Are you getting in shape to start showing some skin again come warmer weather? I'll start thinking about that in March ;)

What are you doing to keep in shape ;)?
Sex and I'm poor so I have to walk a lot of places. Which sucks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Re: Re: It's COLD and I am FAT......

Originally posted by Ditto Much

Actually I was in the exact same situation last year, so I joined...

Toronto East Sport & Social Club
www.tessc.com

Bought a snowboard and started taking lessons every week. There are some seriously cool people, you get out for a day each week and there normally is beer involved at some point throughout the day. Extra added bonus is the bus to blue mountain every weekend.

This is a great suggestion. I was actually chatting with a colleague of mine here about snowboarding yesterday. I want to pick this sport up. I am kind of apprehensive about starting, given it will cost me about $1,000 to get a board, boots, pants etc. to get started. Maybe I'll just try to get on a trip up north for a weekend to learn once and see if I like it. I will check the website out, thanks for the suggestion. :)

T

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
-writing essays, reading for class, watching movies, hibernating, taking warm baths and drinking tea. my life's gotten rather mundane. on occasion i'll go out for pitchers with friends, or over to see my boys for a night of video games.

Are you going out?
-sometimes yes, sometimes no. often no, i'm trying to save money for my trip to europe and pack for an upcoming move.

Where are you going to have fun?
-that depends. see question 1.

-school? i have pretty good luck in meeting new people on a consistent basis regardless of weather.

Are you getting in shape to start showing some skin again come warmer weather?
ahaha.:D i'm at my 'winter weight' now, which is 10 lbs above my 'summer weight'. i'm actually starting to get attached to my little pot belly, but i can't wait until the weather's warm and i can bike everywhere, swim and get in shape again.

What are you doing to keep in shape ;)?
-watching tv and snarfing doritos. best diet evur.

partypix

TRIBE Member
snowboarding everyweekend
lots of volleyball, some indoor soccer
some rock climbing...stuff that you want to do in the summer but dont want to be inside.

Are you going out?
Not as much...miss the patios, but its wierd you go to the clubs no matter how cold there are still scantily clad hotties around...how do they do it??

Where are you going to have fun?
anywhere there is a crowd of hot bodies

see above

Are you getting in shape to start showing some skin again come warmer weather?
see above

What are you doing to keep in shape ?
see above

Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
theirry,

you sound like how i felt back in late november / early december...a bit blah, struggled to get to the gym etc etc...since the new year i've totally increased my time in the gym, & for whatever reason i've managed to avoid getting sick...i've been eating a tonne of fruit (i usually do, but have increased it even more)...

i'm still going out, & although my intentions were to pull back a little on the all-nighters it still hasn't really happened :) (but thats not necessarily a bad thing)...

everybody goes through a little downtime, so maybe it's just your body indirectly asking for a break...

jc

jc,

actually, I am in the best shape I've been in a while. I am in the gym at least 3 times a week now and have been for the past few months. i am also now playing ball way more regularly than before, which helps keep my heart going and the competitive juices flowing. i haven't had an all night blowout in a while (although Tenaglia next week in NYC will change that:D:D:D:D).

I think it is more to do with the fact I want to be out and about, chatting and having fun with people. It is a bit tougher to do that in the winter, because it seems like so many people are in do' all the time, nahmean? i am built for the summer time, although I've lived through many mtl and t dot winters, I prefer having fun in the sun!

i am not particularly happy with work right now. that is part of the reason I feel so blah.

ah well

T

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Zer0G
qtip cares not at all about my penis and this makes me very sad because no one cares about it or what i write on tribe about how good pro sports are. i wish i was an athlete. instead im a useless bum. oh well.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
thierry, i can't even imagine what you guys are going through right now at work, so i'd guess this is probably playing a bigger role than you think...

the snowboarding idea is a great one...i totally miss hitting the slopes on the weekends, but it's tough getting my old friends together...plus the lineups in ontario on the weekends also don't make it the most attractive pastime (kind of like weekend golfing in the summer)...

hang in there, we're almost through january...

jc

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: It's COLD and I am FAT......

Originally posted by The Magical White Isle

This is a great suggestion. I was actually chatting with a colleague of mine here about snowboarding yesterday. I want to pick this sport up. I am kind of apprehensive about starting, given it will cost me about $1,000 to get a board, boots, pants etc. to get started. Maybe I'll just try to get on a trip up north for a weekend to learn once and see if I like it. I will check the website out, thanks for the suggestion. :)

T

One of the beauties of the club that I've listed is that as part of the package they take care of all rentals and lessons. So basically you need appropraite clothing and for the rest your set. I went out and bought everything and your dead on the knuckle with the about $1000...

- Nitro Board and bindings (ski and snowboard show) - 350
- K2 Boats (warehouse sale) - $75
- Pants (K2 as well I believe) - $125
- Jacket (hey I had to make the right fashion statement) - $80
- Goggles - $40
- Gloves and Hats - $80 (bought a couple of pairs of gloves and a couple of hats)

In total all said and done including a club membership taxes and everything else I'm pretty much sitting at exactly 1g invested. However I have to say I'm glad I went out and actually bought the equipment, as well I can't say enough about the club. Totally cool group of people very chill and relaxed and so so much easier than doing it all on your own.

Zer0G

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
qtip cares not at all about my penis and this makes me very sad because no one cares about it or what i write on tribe about how good pro sports are. i wish i was an athlete. instead im a useless bum. oh well.

qtip, you are truly the personification of mellifluousness.

I am in awe.

TheVibe

TRIBE Member
It's best to do the gym when it's cold out. Clubs keep you warm too. DVD's baked on your couch, especially with a nice TV and system help keep you insulated.

Sometimes it's good to pretend you like the winter by getting involved in winter sports, which make the freezing cold okay ("yeah, it's great that it's minus 25 outside and snowing, perfect weather for skiing/snowboarding/ice fishing/skating") when in reality we'd much rather be on the beach, or counting the minutes to the "apres" ski.

The MWI in particular has shunned all forms of winter activities. Thierry, you on ski's or a snowboard??? I will believe it when I see it.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Zer0G

qtip, you are truly the personification of mellifluousness.

I am in awe.

sorry i was too busy scratching my bare hairy ass, opening a beer, beating my wife, while watching GODS TEAM the LEAFS win their upcoming 100 games. what was that? nothing? yeah, didnt think so.

:D

Zer0G

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip

sorry i was too busy scratching my bare hairy ass, opening a beer, beating my wife, while watching GODS TEAM the LEAFS win their upcoming 100 games. what was that? nothing? yeah, didnt think so.

:D

qtip you make me hot.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
i have the blahs too i think. but i'm trying to avoid them by making the most of what i'm doing and planning fun things to look forward to.

been definately going out less, but that's cool and good on the wallet too. enjoying the chilling at home with the boy or at friends houses. dvds. checking out a new restaurant every so often. skating this week! damn good reality tv to look forward to every week.
as for staying in shape, i'm trying damn hard. yoga, step class and the treadmill are my friends.

:)sarah