• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

It's 4:20!

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Smoke one for me.
I really could use a joint sometime in the future, they're just plain old stupid fun.

XBox, Joint, Sex.. ahh fun.

pr0nstar :D

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Things I have quit recently:

-smoking weed
-sex
-excessive drinking
-verbal abuse (okay I've cut down)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Smoke one for me.
I really could use a joint sometime in the future, they're just plain old stupid fun.

XBox, Joint, Sex.. ahh fun.

pr0nstar :D
since when do YOU smoke weed?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
I never got the 4:20 thing. What's that all about anyway?

the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420."

Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time".

kuba

TRIBE Member
ok

mingster why are you sad

agatka why are you :p

and kenny its not that hard

buy
cut
roll
inhale
breathe

rinse lather and repeat

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
4:20 means only 10 more minutes of work for me now.

I used to go way overboard with 4:20 celebrations a few years ago. I was one enthusiastic pot head, that's for sure.

kuba

TRIBE Member
you kind of quit? YOURE EITHER PREGNANT OR YOURE NOT :p

hahahahah I hated when teachers said that to me.

I was so young I didnt know what pregnancy meant!

well, congrats. Im kind of weeding off the weed too, here and there.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420."

Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time".
WTF? I've heard this asked a galzilon times and always got the cop code answer.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by patri©k

Learn something new every day! Thanks.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
The number 420 is not police radio code for anything, anywhere. Checks of criminal codes suggest that the origin is neither Californian nor federal. For instance, California Penal Code 420 defines as a misdemeanor the hindrance of use of public lands.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
hmm oh well I rather like the cop code thing better then a group of kids at some highschool. I wonder if pwed will last as long as the catch phrase 420.