• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

IT at my office sucks

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
They've blocked our office from viewing officepools.com and now there are a few dozen of us here totally pissed. I've tried to talk to them about the benefits of this site ( office moral, comraderie etc.) but they won't budge.

my question is...is there a way to still see the web site from work by bypassing their filters or something along that line. My knowledge on this stuff is next to nil so any help would be appriciated.

thanks

seeker

TRIBE Member
set up a secure vnc or rdp connection to your home computer. browse the blocked sites from there. your IT dept is probably just toeing the line laid down by management. we have the same sorts of unpopular policies in our office.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
its been going downhill the last year Matt...it doesn't feel the same at all here anymore

Deus - any proxy web site suggestions?

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Incrimin8 said:
its been going downhill the last year Matt...it doesn't feel the same at all here anymore
We're hiring. :)

Very flexible work hours. Great benefits and bonus structure. Awesome bosses. Open internet surfing. Daily Simpson's trivia. Trashy receptionist.

blueshrike

TRIBE Member
It may be possible for them to successfully fire you if you circumvent their browsing policy. At least I've heard of cases where this has happened.

But then it kind of sounds like you would be better off working elsewhere anyway.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Incrimin8 said:
They've blocked our office from viewing officepools.com and now there are a few dozen of us here totally pissed. I've tried to talk to them about the benefits of this site ( office moral, comraderie etc.) but they won't budge.

my question is...is there a way to still see the web site from work by bypassing their filters or something along that line. My knowledge on this stuff is next to nil so any help would be appriciated.

thanks
use the altavista translator .. and enter the url as chinese -> english.. it will show you the webpage :)

Jay

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
We're hiring. :)

Very flexible work hours. Great benefits and bonus structure. Awesome bosses. Open internet surfing. Daily Simpson's trivia. Trashy receptionist.

Really need an java geeks?

ibiza911

TRIBE Member
I work in I.T, we assign static IP's to certain computers. We have IP's that have browsing access and have IP's that can only view specific sites like supplier / customer sites, etc... do you have a proxy server setup on your machine if so try to take that off!...

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
xtcfreak said:
use the altavista translator .. and enter the url as chinese -> english.. it will show you the webpage :)

Jay
hmmm....(if you know me you are probably smirking right now...)

there is a program called Circumventor. Google it. Never tried it, but basically (to my minimal research and understanding) you need a computer that is offsite, on, connected, and you bounce off that.