1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Issues with Proxy settings and iTunes

Discussion in 'Technology' started by dstarr, May 11, 2010.

1. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

Wondering if somebody else has ever had this issue. I believe it may have been related to a bunch of virus I had to clean off my PC last week. I had a bunch of stuff that was causing fake virus notices to come up and I used Malwarebytes to get rid of them.

Anyways, I can't updated my podcasts or buy anything on iTunes because it says it can't establish a secure connection. iTunes first level support said to check TLS 1.0 in Explorer but that didn't work.

However, I don't use Internet Explorer and I noticed that I can't get to any pages in IE because it gives me a page invalid... Firefox works fine.

So I am thinking the virus messed with my proxy settings for some reason and that is the issue.

Anyone know anything?

2. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member

My first question would be why do you have proxy settings set in the first place? Browser proxies are rarely used in home based PC's.