• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Israeli bulldozer kills U.S. activist

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Deep_Groove
No, it is NOT a fact that communism was a "Jewish invention". What you stated was a half-truth that implies there was some organized Jewish community origin. The Five Books of Moses are a Jewish invention. The Talmud is a Jewish invention. The modern state of Israel is a Jewish invention. You might even say that Woody Allen's neurotic comedy style is a Jewish invention, rooted as it is in "Borscht Belt" humour.

On the other hand, the theory of relativity, although invented BY someone who was born Jewish, is emphatically NOT a "Jewish invention" (although, humourously, this fact didn't stop certain Nazi party officials denouncing the theory as "Jewish propaganda" - which might explain the lack of success of their nuclear program!) Neither was communism a "Jewish invention", which has NOTHING to do with Jewish religion or culture.

By the way, I'm curious to hear how Marx and Engels were anti-semitic and racist. I have to admit I was not aware of this view...

- Deep_Groove
My comment was on the same level as the list that Renton pulled out.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Renton
In 2000 years nothing has changed, anti-semitism is just as virulent as it ever has been and you're living proof of it.

I'm coming in late here and don't have an opinion relating to whomever you directed this post at.

Regarding the big issue though, Israel is in breach of the UN relating to its occupation. Like the US, Israel has chosen to acknowledge the UN as it serves them, and ignore it at their leisure... and now, like the US, they are justifying government sanctioned violence as self-defense. Granted, the danger to Israeli’s is far greater than the danger to Americans, but the parallel is that both nations have chosen to employ government sanctioned martial law because the diplomatic UN channel did not suit them. In both cases, these governments have chosen violence over diplomacy and both will continue to live with the consequences unfortunately.

JMan

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
I'm coming in late here and don't have an opinion relating to whomever you directed this post at.

Regarding the big issue though, Israel is in breach of the UN relating to its occupation. Like the US, Israel has chosen to acknowledge the UN as it serves them, and ignore it at their leisure... and now, like the US, they are justifying government sanctioned violence as self-defense. Granted, the danger to Israeli’s is far greater than the danger to Americans, but the parallel is that both nations have chosen to employ government sanctioned martial law because the diplomatic UN channel did not suit them. In both cases, these governments have chosen violence over diplomacy and both will continue to live with the consequences unfortunately.

JMan

And how are the Palestinians employing anything but violence to attain their goals?

The cycle of violence will never end, even if Israel pulls out tomorrow and the Palestinians are given their own soverign state. Too many have died - there will always be hate, revenge and memory of the past.

And I wish people would stop calling Wunderbar anti-Arab. They've made pro-Jew comments, tis true, but they have not made anti-Arab comments that I have seen. I believe they are Jewish, hence the pro-Israel stance, but one can be anti-Palestinian suicide bomber and not be anti-Arab, you know. Its just hilarious that Chaos's blatantly racist comments garnered hardly any attention. Hopefully its cause they're on everyone's ignore list.

:)d

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LoopeD
And how are the Palestinians employing anything but violence to attain their goals?

The cycle of violence will never end, even if Israel pulls out tomorrow and the Palestinians are given their own soverign state. Too many have died - there will always be hate, revenge and memory of the past.
If that's the case, then should we continue the cycle of violence? If it never ends, why not just support it? These are rhetorical questions, but you can't make something right by telling someone that "well, it's just going to happen anyway".

The Palestians were initially a "convenient" nuissance for the Israeli's; the palestinians, without a home, succumbed to being the workers of shops and warehouses for the Israelis and the Israeli government found this convenient economically. The Israeli government chose to ignore the Palestinians as a legitimate people and used them for a long time--until the intifada. In the years prior to the intifada, the Israeli's were simply too afraid to face the problem of dealing with Paelstinians undoubtedly because it was such a sensitive topic.
In 1988, the Palestinians held the first-ever massive protests against working--these were very peaceful (well, for the most part: a bit of rock-throwing, but relatively, that's nothing). This kind of protesting would have become an effective way of FORCING the Israelis to deal with the Palestinians, unfortunately however, the Palestinians weren't able to hold together on the protests because they had no real leader.

Long story short, the ignorant attitudes in the Israeli government led to the breeding of hate-filled Palestinian groups. Inevitably, the violence begot violence, and now you have a problem that's ten times more serious than it was. All because of ignorance and hatred. Silly, irresponsible governments are to blame because they knew better.

The fact that the Palestinians are stuck without a home is sad, really. This is a result of morons in the Arab kingdoms (Jordan, for example) who rejected the Palestinians and because of the 1967 war which squeezed them right in the middle.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Haha... are you having fun with LoopeD?

He is amusing for about 3 responses. One time, I read the Sun that was on the subway, and I realized that all that kid does is read the Sun, then spout it back here.

Which is fine... I mean, everyone is entitled to have an opinion, even if it's spoonfed to them in large type and with lots of pictures.

organik

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by recoil
i read this a few days ago but didnt have time to reply

Wunderbar

you are the biggest anti-arab right-wing Israel supporter i've seen on the site -

i've actually seen you rant about how one day the Israelites will rise up and be a proud and respected people again

i personally find that kind of fanaticism scary, but an interesting window into your state of mind, nonetheless

fine

but some peace activist gets runover by an IDF soldier and your first instinct is to make a mockery of her death, and refer to her as a "bitch"

that is so unacceptable to me

have some shame man - obviously she made a horrible mistake, but she was trying to do what she thought was some good - how can you possibly dehumanize a peaceful protester?

no peace activist deserves that kind of callous comment ..

actually i was kind of bummed out at the cynicsm a few of you showed towards this event - some of you were talking about her like she was some degenerate bomber who had a bomb blow up in their face

but Wunderbar, your comment really made my skin crawl, cuz i feel like you got sick pleasure out of seeing an Israeli soldier mush that activist

sends a pretty serious message to any other nosy-parkers who might come snooping around Israel's human rights abuses, hmmmm?

how would you feel is someone made fun of an Israeli who got killed and called her a bitch ?

that shit aint right man

maybe you're not all bad to meet in person, but as far as that comment goes, you came off like a real creep, buddy

sorry for the rant but i find that kind of heartlessness really discouraging

i'll probably regret posting this, like i almost always do..

but i'm just sayin you shouldn't disrespect another human's life - especially when they just got killed - everything you put out into the universe affects the world, sooner or later
Word up!!! :D :D

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LoopeD

The cycle of violence will never end, even if Israel pulls out tomorrow and the Palestinians are given their own soverign state. Too many have died - there will always be hate, revenge and memory of the past

Israel has been ordered by the UN to stop their illegal occupation and not the other way around. Neither should be resorting to violence...

And let's try and solve the problem - throwing your hands up and saying "the violence will never end" is a useless attitude to have.

JMan

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
By the way, I'm curious to hear how Marx and Engels were anti-semitic and racist. I have to admit I was not aware of this view...
Try and find some transcripts of correspondance between the two. It is filled with all kinds of racist, anit-semitic dialogue, including allusions to phrenology and all kinds of other shit.

A couple quick quotes:

"Thus we find every tyrant backed by a Jew, as is every Pope by a Jesuit. In truth, the cravings of oppressors would be hopeless, and the practicability of war out of the question, if there were not an army of Jesuits to smother thought and a handful of Jews to ransack pockets ... The fact that 1,855 years ago Christ drove the Jewish money-changers out of the temple, and that the money changers of our age, enlisted on the side of tyranny, again happen to be Jews is perhaps no more than a historic coincidence."

"What is the secular basis of Judaism? Practical need, self-interest. What is the worldly cult of the Jews? Haggling. What is his worldly god? Money! ... What is contained abstractly in the Jewish religion -- contempt for theory, for art, for history, for man as an end in himself... " - Karl Marx "On the Jewish Question" (later to be re-published as "A World Without Jews")

Deep_Groove

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
Israel has been ordered by the UN to stop their illegal occupation and not the other way around. Neither should be resorting to violence...
Nope, that's misleading. UN Resolution 242 is what everyone points to as "the evidence" that Israel has been told to withdraw from all of the occupied territories. Unfortunately for those biased individuals who neglect to do sufficient research on the topic, that is absolutely false. Aside from the fact that it calls upon Israel only to withdraw "from territories captured" (not ALL territories captured), the resolution has TWO aspects, the OTHER of which is this:

"Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force."

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/UN/meaning_of_242.html

Has the Palestinian Authority lived up to their half of 242's demands?

http://www.newhope.to/intentions.html

- Deep_Groove