• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Isolators

TRK

TRIBE Member
Wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but figured the house forum might be the best - just completed "building" (more like assembling) a isolator to add to my rig (1200's, cdj's and rane 2016 combo). The guts came from a guy in Sweden (Bozure.com - Custom Made, Standard and DIY Professional Rotary DJ-Mixers) - not looking to go all Joe Claussell on tracks but thought it might be a fun addition. So far I am liking a lot. Sounds great, and is fun to play with. Anyone else play/have one as part of their set up?

octo

TRIBE Member
ok i found the price $225!

i think i'm going to get one

what's included? can someone with zero technical knowledge (me) build one?

TRK

TRIBE Member
I have 0 technical knowledge as well. There are step by step instructions on the site. The tough thing to find is the enclosure. I paid probably too much for mine but couldn't find one in Toronto (didn't look that hard - just ordered one from the USA that was kinda expensive). Active surplus has most of what you need. Sounds amazing. Been really impressed. The difference between a isolator and my eq on my rane is huge. Been fun to play with and was a fun project. Pern is a great guy and makes quality stuff.

TRK

TRIBE Member
I got everything in the introductory offer he had. Might be able to still get it. Check out the blog.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
That looks awesome. I have always wanted an isolator.... Did it come with a power supply? Or is that extra?

TRK

TRIBE Member
Bozure ISO-1 Specs:
-----------------------
- Low / Mid / High. 10Hz-250Hz / 250Hz-4000Hz / 4000Hz- 25000Hz.
- +8dB or +13dB Max gain versions (Signal Gain with potentiometer at max).
- High Quality ALPS RK27 Potentiometers ("Blue Velvet").
- AC In: 18V AC.
- PCB Size: 23.3cm * 16.0cm / 9.2" * 6.3"

The sound is great - I got the +8db max gain version and that is more than enough. will post some pics - the power supply is not included. I ended up ordering the recommended one from a music shop in San Fran, but I think you could probably find one at Active Surplus - I had forgotten about that place.

Check out this link - Bozure.com - Custom Made, Standard and DIY Professional Rotary DJ-Mixers - It gives step by step instructions on "building" a isolator - mine looks just like that. There are also youtube videos of demo's if you search Bozure. He also has a facebook page with lots of information. And like I mentioned, Pern (the builder) was a great guy to deal with.

TRK

TRIBE Member
Bit more information:

Filter Slopes: 24dB

Components used: ALPS RK27 (Blue Velvet) Potentiometers / Carbon Film Resistors / ELNA Silmic II Caps (Audio).