• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Island Foods!?!?

Blacksmurf

TRIBE Member
Is this place at King & Dufferin any good? I want to try it but not too sure of their menu, I guess they offer jerk, cryole and curries?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
I remember the Island Foods at the Village Grange being really sub-par.

I'll second, third and fourth that review.

That place (Grange at least havent had any others) was one of the worst caribbean food I've ever ate.

Garbage.

defazman

TRIBE Member
The pizza place right there is decent and cheap - big big slice and pop for $3. Plus you can get all kinds of crazy crap on your za - cauliflower, chick peas...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
Hmmm... I quite enjoyed the food at the King & Dufferin location.

My old roomie really liked it, too.

Maybe the food was different (i.e. BETTER) at my King & Dufferin location??

defazman

TRIBE Member
is it certain that these two places are somehow related? Island Foods could be a pretty common name.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
I remember the Island Foods at the Village Grange being really sub-par.

I can't believe I'm reading this!! They have the best channa roti I've ever had... seriously, I've probably eaten close to 200 of them. Be sure to get extra gravy on top.

J

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I'll admit that I'd only been there once, it was a few years ago, and I can't even remember what I got (probably chicken roti). I just remember it being really unsatisfying.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I work in the area and go there at least a couple times a month, their roti is IRIE as fuck!

Highly recommend it, never had a bad meal there.

AbnerWigglestaf

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
The pizza place right there is decent and cheap - big big slice and pop for $3. Plus you can get all kinds of crazy crap on your za - cauliflower, chick peas...

What pizza place? The Magic oven? Cause, thei pizza is delicious, but retardedly expensive.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
The King and Dufferin Island foods is definently a great place to eat. I used to eat there all the time until I found....

A & S Roti.. Queen, north side, just west of Bathurst. They have a sign that says best roti in town in the window and they aren't lying.. they make everything to order... so it takes a few mins but it's totally worth it. Check out the crazy cartoons on the wall.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dstarr

A & S Roti.. Queen, north side, just west of Bathurst. They have a sign that says best roti in town in the window and they aren't lying.. they make everything to order... so it takes a few mins but it's totally worth it. Check out the crazy cartoons on the wall.

sounds like tomorrow's lunch
cheers

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
A & S Roti.. Queen, north side, just west of Bathurst. They have a sign that says best roti in town in the window and they aren't lying.. they make everything to order... so it takes a few mins but it's totally worth it.

whoa... "best roti in town" is a very bold claim to make when they're so close to Gandhi's.

The Kid

TRIBE Member

I've heard really good things about them as well, some friends of mine swear by it, I always forget to check 'em out when I'm in the area though...