• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is this true?

marcinm

TRIBE Member
My friend told me yesterday how he heard on the news some story about a girl who went to too many tanning salons to look nice for her wedding, and literally dropped dead at the alter because the excessive intake of UV radiation had caused her insides to become cooked.

If anybody has heard of this, or can send me some concrete evidence, I'd appreciate.. cause I smell urban legend.

Marcin M :)

Poot

TRIBE Member
doubtful

Skin cancer is one thing, cooking is quite another.

I don't believe UV rays can actually 'cook' something.

If you leave raw meat outside on a scorching summer day, will it become cooked from soaking up UV rays?

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
yeah this one isnt true.

although going to tanning beds is by no means good for you. If you want a fake tan uses the self tanners at home.

then again i work in a melanoma lab so i might be biased.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
:( can someone invent a safe tanning bed that gives you a real tan... not those misty orange things... is there such a thing..? Could it be invented or no?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by littlenutty
:( can someone invent a safe tanning bed that gives you a real tan... not those misty orange things... is there such a thing..? Could it be invented or no?
sure why not... i have nothing better to do this afternoon :p

marcinm

TRIBE Member
dammit.. of course microwaves and uv aren't the same thing.. shit, and I'm in science.... how could i forget that small detail.. it woulda been awesome if i remembered that so that i could throw it back in my friends face and seem all intellectual and everything!

thanks,

Marcin M :p