• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is this really happening?

wickedken

TRIBE Member
"DANILIO VIORITTO, GAETANO PARISIO, MARCO CAROLA, and then the MAIN MAN...MAURO PICOTTO" posted in the Upcoming Events forum. That's a pretty wicked lineup if so. However distrikt isn't the first place I'd think for this to be on... however March 11 is a Thursday.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

seeker

TRIBE Member
not enough oxygen to your brain, oddmyth?

I'd pay to see Carola again. His set at Fukhouse last year still gets lots of play on my stereo.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
not enough oxygen to your brain, oddmyth?

Never enough, my large brain requires much more oxygen than I can intake at any one time (please note sarcasm).

The best thing about Prime folding has been the lack of new italian club techno....

odbx

seeker

TRIBE Member
I couldn't sit down to listen to hours upon hours of the stuff, but one set at a party is great. Everything in its right place, eh? ;)

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by seeker
I couldn't sit down to listen to hours upon hours of the stuff, but one set at a party is great. Everything in its right place, eh? ;)

oddmyth: bang bang bang.

satisfaction!

i agree, the war on ital production is on!

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
loose the yelling and cap locks man, seeing these guys and the trance guy is like seeing your regular scheduled Toronto local every saturday friday night.... here's to diversity!....

*yawn*

billy

TRIBE Member
a friend of mine is promoting it and yes, it's on. they know that distrikt is not a techno venue, but I guess they want to try different things with their thursdays.

mistah chin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wickedken
" MAIN MAN...MAURO PICOTTO"

*ummmm trance...*
He sucks big boccaccini balls. His set at the Guv was like a DMC contest... when I see a "techno" dj spin I want him to use his hands not his feet. Put him on first then bring on Gaetek and the man train MARCO CAROLA. ;)

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Is this really happening?

Originally posted by mistah chin
*ummmm trance...*
He sucks big boccaccini balls. His set at the Guv was like a DMC contest... when I see a "techno" dj spin I want him to use his hands not his feet. Put him on first then bring on Gaetek and the man train MARCO CAROLA. ;)

wtf that was a quote and besides picotta plays harder trance and techno out, introducing more and more people to the techno side of house. he was everythnig i expected when i saw him at koolhaus with sven vath; in fact, the entire lineup for this thing will probably play all the music everyone here expects, cus nothing ever changes. riiight. and really.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Is this really happening?

Originally posted by wickedken
wtf that was a quote and besides picotta plays harder trance and techno out, introducing more and more people to the techno side of house.

how does one introduce others to the techno side of house by playing hard trance and techno? Perhaps I'll start introducing my peeps to hip hop via minimal glitchno.

odbx

mistah chin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
i'm glad picotto is last ... i can't stay up that late anyway :)
true... thought this was on Friday.
Does Marco still spin 3 decks or is he down to 2 + final scratch? If so I'd rather save my money for a free event just west of Distrikt on the 13th and hear some final scratch-less techno from some awesome local talent.:D

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
woooooooo

lets ask marco and gaetano and danilo and trance man about the what is what... wow, like your regular Y AND R discussion here. ?

who gives a fuck.

good dj's m_nus the trance man, but seriously who cares? Lets all appreciate Carola and Hawtin can we? producing and file swapping amongst themselves... can we? Its a big FS world god damn respect it would yah?

mistah chin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
woooooooo

lets ask marco and gaetano and danilo and trance man about the what is what... wow, like your regular Y AND R discussion here. ?

who gives a fuck.

good dj's m_nus the trance man, but seriously who cares? Lets all appreciate Carola and Hawtin can we? producing and file swapping amongst themselves... can we? Its a big FS world god damn respect it would yah?

haha, thorry. *spits feathers from mouth* Just found the "but he spins hard trance" kinda amusing... I'm waitin' for "its layered sounds which sound like trance...":p

Trust me I rock to Carola all the time regardless the TECHNOlogy.

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mistah chin
true... thought this was on Friday.
Does Marco still spin 3 decks or is he down to 2 + final scratch? If so I'd rather save my money for a free event just west of Distrikt on the 13th and hear some final scratch-less techno from some awesome local talent.:D

This local talent you speak of ... Does it exist? Quite frankly, any of the guys playing at Distrikt would blow any DJ from Toronto out of the water. Picotto is the exception since he's not solid technically, but his tunes are second to none; he compensates for his lack of skills that way.

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
sorry but this is gonna be one boring night.

Well, for a boring night, it's sure going to be packed. I really don't know what is up with Toronto. If it's not their mixing, it's their music.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
*teabags every prancing punter in the thread*

I hope everyone of you fucking squirrel rapists stays home! That way.. there is more room for me to freak the fuck out! :)

so blah blah blah.... blah BLAH blah.....

YA HEARD ME!? [/mistamo]