1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

is there any autodialer program that will call a number over and over?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kyfe, Aug 20, 2010.

1. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

there is a number that has been calling me for weeks now, I called back and tried to sort out the matter but they were rather difficult. it's a collection agency but I owe nobody anything and they want to fight instead of reviewing the issue to make sure they have the right guy.

it's getting out of hand because they call my cell which in turn costs me airtime + it's an automated message.

So I want to call this number 1-877-309-6461 over and over again until they give up.

2. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

I'll do it for $10 an hour + expenses.

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

crap the LD charges alone would kill the deal;)

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

arent you supposed to send a letter to the collection agency and your mp or something when they are harassing you, telling them you only want to be contacted by mail. and then if they keep calling you, you can sue them for millions and millions of dollars. do that. you will get an extra million too cause you dont even actually owe them money.

6. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

where's jackie treehorn's fucking money?!

7. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

1-877 is a toll free number I believe.

8. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

If you pull this off they will get you for Harrasment no?

9. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

You probably already have some kind of modem in your computer and software to run it.

Most modem software allows you to set a 'retry' timeout period. So, set the redial to something like 0 minutes et voila. No extra anything required.

-jM
    A&D

10. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Ask 4chan.

11. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

LOL just a wild guess here but I'm thinking a contact center may have just a bit of capacity to handle you calling over and over again.

12. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

New scam: Collection agencies filing random legal claims against people that owe nothing. They send it to court, you don't show up because you know it's BS and then the court awards a default win to the agency because you're a no show.

Be careful!

13. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

why would someone not show up to court to defend themselves against a bogus claim?

14. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

^cause they cant afford to take time off work for starters.

15. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Record everything, tell them to stop, and call the police. If it doesn't stop, sue them.

16. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

When both parties show up wouldn't that put the assholes at risk for the scam? Now we have a face to go along with the calls.

How can it be a legal claim when nothing is owed? I'd be claiming their face onto my fist in the parking lot.

17. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

This is the most reasonable response.