• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is the TTC free tonight?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I've heard it is, but ive never taken TTC on NYE before.

If so, what time does free service start at?

finary

TRIBE Promoter
their website does not mention anything about free service, just reduced service.

Wednesday, December 31, 2003 – Reduced peak period service and later evening service: Subway and most routes start at 6:00 a.m. Afternoon peak period service from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. Most routes with late evening service continue until 3:00 a.m. Extra trips on all Blue Night routes between 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.

New Year's Eve last train details:

Yonge-University-Spadina Subway–leaves Union Station at 2:31 a.m. for Finch Station and 2:36 a.m. for Downsview Station

Bloor-Danforth Subway – leaves Yonge Station at 2:38 a.m.
for Kipling Station and 2:38 a.m. for Kennedy Station

Sheppard Subway – leaves Sheppard-Yonge
Station at 2:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station

Scarborough RT – last train leaves Kennedy
Station at 3:05 a.m. for McCowan Station

Thursday, January 1, 2004 – Sunday service.
Subway and most routes start at 9:00 a.m.

Friday, January 2, 2004 – Reduced peak period service.
Subway and most routes start at 6:00 a.m.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I know, I just check the website, now im coming here for answers.

People keep telling me its free tonight, but I see no proof anywhere.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
^heheh, ppl allways say its free, yet i don't rememeber being that way since 1999 or maybe even earlier...??

I haven't heard it's free.

(I've been to 4 ttc stations today and NONE of them had the fucking token machines working. Irritation factor = medium to high.)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
I heard on CP24 the other day that some of the surrounding areas' transit will be free (Mississisauga is one I think), but the TTC will not be free.

(but it should be)

sugar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
(I've been to 4 ttc stations today and NONE of them had the fucking token machines working. Irritation factor = medium to high.)
That's probably because there was talk of a fare hike. Whenever that happens, people start hoarding tokens, because the TTC doesn't change the tokens after a fare increase.

Originally posted by sugar
That's probably because there was talk of a fare hike. Whenever that happens, people start hoarding tokens, because the TTC doesn't change the tokens after a fare increase.
Must be - two women in front of me bought a roll of tokens each.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders