1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Is the Hot and Spicy Food Fest any Good?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Aug 15, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Is the food actually any good? Or is it just the same vendors that are always there in that food court. Thinking of checking it out today...
  2. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Mostly the same food vendors but lots of hot sauce vendors.
  3. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

If you go, I'd wear a gas mask in this weather :O Anybody lights a cig I'd dive for cover.
  4. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Yeah the food is the same but it's the condiments tent that make the festival great. I so have to stock up on chutneys, pickles and pepper jelly.
  5. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

6. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

The food court/tent area is so busy and lineups are HUGE and the food really isn't that worth the wait. Most of it is Caribbean Fare.

The condiments area is ok but overall, save yourself some time and go to the hot sauce store on the Danforth.
  7. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

i went today just for a short visit cause i had to see what goes on here. food tent was pretty much the same as usual except more jerk chicken vendors.

i tried some hot sauces at the vendors area but nothing too hot (ok i admit i avoided the ones that looked like fire)

the blues music at the main stage was a nice touch (jack dekeyzer band).

tried a new iphone app called videopano. actually did a good stitch!

8. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

I got a lime/tequila pepper jelly, spicy raspberry jam and a mango/gherkin chutney. Also bought a bottle of fig balsamic vinegar, which isn't at all spicy but the depth of flavour is divine.

Tried not to burn my mouth off this year with the samples and it mostly worked!