• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is sexuality an issue for you?

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i've seen more than a few people on this board in particular really, really push the boundaries of reasonable, harmless joking about his sexuality. it comes off really lame and offensive most of the time.

i completely agree with this.

lately i've noticed an increase in the gay sunny jokes in particular, but i didn't realize that it bothered him so much (until now).

perhaps people, specifically friends, should think a little before they post.

that includes me.

go pc police :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'll give you an example.

When those CANFAR ads came out with the Marlboro men, there were numerous articles and such on the increase of HIV cases in Toronto.

A Triber contacted me.

Triber: "Have you seen those ads?"
Me: "What ads?"
Triber: "Those HIV ads."
Me:[cringing] "Uh-huh..."
Triber: "You should be careful, Sunny."
Me: "Uh-huh.. You're kidding me, right?"
Triber: "Use protection when you're having sex."
Me: "Um, let me ask you this: when's the last time you had sex? And how many partners have you had?"
Triber: "Uh.. last week?"
Me: "Yeah, I haven't had sex in a year. [and it certainly wasn't anal] So fuck off with that shit."

GOOD intentions. TOTALLY fucking untactful and inappropriate. He made complete judgments about me without even asking me first. At that time, I was the happiest camper ever because I was not having sex (by choice) and I had NO drama anywhere because boys were gross.

Most of the time, I have to shrug off shit because I know it's still early in the grand scheme of things and this world's still gotta evolve a bit. So he's still a friend. But I mean, COME ON. Fuck you, buddy. Who the fuck do you think you are and most importantly, who the fuck do you think I am?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SelfExel
I'm sorry that was out of line. Please accept my apologies. Do you want to go bowling?
Not particularly.

The shoes never match my pants. <---- is this the gay thing that everyone's talking about? Stop the presses! I'm perpetuating again!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I'm really glad you finally said something.

I've been reading this stuff for 3 years and it always annoyed me. it's almost like since they're friends with a gay guy that they think they are such progressive thinkers so they can get away with all these little stupid comments.

it's just boring.

I'm sure if you spend enough time with Sunny that you'll eventually forget that he's gay. it wont be the 80% of what makes him him anymore... you'll just see him as a person.

but after all the set back I'm still so happy to be here today 2000, cuz we have come so fuckin far in the past 20 years.

cheers!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Well, that's just a chicken and egg thing, really. Being black, Chinese, disabled, a woman, gay, a lesbian, a Jew... Well, those are all really big deals. To say they're not, denigrates the culture, the struggles and the individual.

What you just said is a REAL cliche that I find a lot of straight people that I know say. I am going to guarantee that you haven't actually witnessed your gay male coworkers/friends/family members running around screaming "I'm gay" over and over.

I'm guessing you're talking about how they talk about gay things, gay places, gay issues, who they're going to fuck, who they think is gay. And of course, the all flaming diva.

Well, guess what: effeminate men exist. It doesn't mean they're shoving teh ghey in your face. It means they are being themselves. Judge them for being ANNOYING, not for being a homosexual. I think you (and others) should figure out who's doing the perpetuating.

I'd also like to ask you. When we used to hang out (we were once kinda good friends), did I ever run around making a spectacle out of myself for the sake of letting people know that I was gay? Mmm, not so much. Hence, I am surprised by your ignorance, Rob. Whatever, like I said, people change. *shrug*

just thought this should be in bold.

oh and some flaming activity is SO annoying.

opticalm

TRIBE Promoter
I don't think that's an issue, of who I hang with. Because the BEST gay boys have been met on Tribe. Adam, lok, Zee, you, Jeff.. you guys are amazing.

But I've done the fag hanging out thing and I have my ow issues with that too.

Anyway, I haven't read this thread but I wrote this post out of the blue. I'm just annoyed. Not mad.

First off,

Drama queen :p

But really. There are other gay people on here and in your social circle and I'm not really up on where you hang out. If your friends are giving you flack, teach them new jokes, tell them to stfu of get new friends :)

I have issues with people that seem to think my gayness (lol) is the root of my existence. to a degree it is part of me but it doesn't define me. I think people may be defining you by your gayness. Or they don't know how to properly joke with you so they resort to the gay thing because it is easy and time prooven. Friends mock each other to bond and show affection so maybe they could start bugging you about clothing, you taste in music, your hair, I dunno pick something. Unfortunately you'll find that ALL of it will end up coming back to the gay thing because you are gay.

So what are you aside for a fag?

It is much more acceptable to make gay comments when comfotable with a gay friend then racial or other cultural ones.

Blame yourself for your friends lack of creativity and fix it.

As a gay man you are an oddity to the north american straight white culture. Be happy they haven't lit you on fire and beaten you whle tied to a pole or hung you from a tree yet. j/k sort of

Really you are a rep in another groups world. You job is to teach them and guide them. You know they have no sense of style, color, taste and barely enough wit to come up with the few stale jokes they do have.

Just remember that only straight people spread the stupid gene and pop out unintentional spawn like a virus.

GAY SUPREMACY!!!!
we will controll you all! We have your fashion, body image, culural elite, health, law and your wives, sisters and girl friends love us. There is nothing you can do to beat us because we understand both men and women. BEND TO OUR WILL.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I'll give you an example.

When those CANFAR ads came out with the Marlboro men, there were numerous articles and such on the increase of HIV cases in Toronto.

A Triber contacted me.

Triber: "Have you seen those ads?"
Me: "What ads?"
Triber: "Those HIV ads."
Me:[cringing] "Uh-huh..."
Triber: "You should be careful, Sunny."
Me: "Uh-huh.. You're kidding me, right?"
Triber: "Use protection when you're having sex."
Me: "Um, let me ask you this: when's the last time you had sex? And how many partners have you had?"
Triber: "Uh.. last week?"
Me: "Yeah, I haven't had sex in a year. [and it certainly wasn't anal] So fuck off with that shit."

GOOD intentions. TOTALLY fucking untactful and inappropriate. He made complete judgments about me without even asking me first. At that time, I was the happiest camper ever because I was not having sex (by choice) and I had NO drama anywhere because boys were gross.

Most of the time, I have to shrug off shit because I know it's still early in the grand scheme of things and this world's still gotta evolve a bit. So he's still a friend. But I mean, COME ON. Fuck you, buddy. Who the fuck do you think you are and most importantly, who the fuck do you think I am?

Statistics show that more heterosexuals contract HIV anyways.

Something disgusting happened at my school a few months ago. this guy got pissed at my friend bc they were wrestling and she accidently knee'd him in the nose.. well he started bleeding and she apologized and what not. Later on that night, he taps her on the shoulder and he goes 'you started it you wear it' or something around those lines and just blew blood all over her.

he was gay and my friend roommate made a comment about how she should get HIV testing done right away bc he's gay. I told her, yeah she should but bc of the blood not bc he's gay. Those comments really pliss me off also bc i'm friends with a lot of gay people.

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opticalm

Blame yourself for your friends lack of creativity and fix it.

Hence, this thread.

I equate it with a guy who has no arm that tries to lighten things up by making jokes. Which has happened as well. It really works because then the ice is broken and things are just accepted.

But whenever he makes a comment in the future, someone says "haha, he has no arm!" every time, then it fucking gets old.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
Statistics show that more heterosexuals contract HIV anyways.

Something disgusting happened at my school a few months ago. this guy got pissed at my friend bc they were wrestling and she accidently knee'd him in the nose.. well he started bleeding and she apologized and what not. Later on that night, he taps her on the shoulder and he goes 'you started it you wear it' or something around those lines and just blew blood all over her.

he was gay and my friend roommate made a comment about how she should get HIV testing done right away bc he's gay. I told her, yeah she should but bc of the blood not bc he's gay. Those comments really pliss me off also bc i'm friends with a lot of gay people.

Wow, you go to a school with a bunch of fucking losers. Wow, I am SOOO sorry you have to be even around people like that much less interact with them.
I cannot believe that guy went up and blew blood on her. What the fuck is he, an extra from Kill Bill? That's disgusting and just so low that I can't even fathom ever THINKING of doing something like that..

Yup.. I'm still shocked.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opticalm

Friends mock each other to bond and show affection so maybe they could start bugging you about clothing, you taste in music, your hair, I dunno pick something. Unfortunately you'll find that ALL of it will end up coming back to the gay thing because you are gay.

Precisely.

Thank you.

zee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
The thing is (and it's an observed sterotype), gay men tend to make a spectacle of themselves, as if being gay is such a big deal everybody has to know about it. Somteimes it's as if being gay isn't so much about sexual orientation as about a lifestyle choice.

So the point is I guess, when you stop perpetuating the 'big deal thing' here it'll go away (I think).

Rob

:rolleyes:

yes. that's EXACTLY it.

I'm not sure whether to get angry or sad at the ignorance and utter stupidity of this comment.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Thing is, some people like to make a spectacle of themselves, regardless of their orientation.

The people that don't make a spectacle of themselves aren't noticed, really, and nobody even gets to think,"Gee, I wonder if that person is gay?"

Gay jokes are passe, and this year, it's all retard jokes anyway. Maybe that's why MoFo is really on about-- people aren't joking enough about the gay stuff, and are doing the retard thing instead. Pisser.