• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is sexuality an issue for you?

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
Ever since that one thread, I get all sorts of PM's about people telling me how unclean thier colons are :p

sheesh! I just tell them they're full of shit.

*rolleyes* ;)
It's alright, apparently I am the Tribe sheep. ;)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
but what about a situation where someone makes a joke about sexuality to someone who is straight? like how i might make a commentary about ...oh whatever...oral sex or whatever..any joke a straight person makes toward another straight person, cause let's face it, we joke about sex all the time.

now, if you were to make this same type of joke to someone who is gay, but adapt the joke to fit the situation, is that considered joking about being gay? i can see someone taking more offence to this, even though it's quite equal to the hetero counterpart.

granted, i don't know the details of the situation here. but i'm just thinking.

no, the queers just don't have the same sense of humour.

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
don't you know that men are incapable of making a joke that does not contain a stereotypical refrence?

example: Why do women have breats?

so you got something to look at when you're talkin to them!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lok

TRIBE Member
Does this really surprise someone? We're not yet in an age where I can tell a story about a one night stand and having the lasting impression be anything else but "wow lok is a fag".

Its pretty difficult to avoid, but thankfully Im unapproachable enough that I dont get a 1/8th of the flak sunny does.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lok
Its pretty difficult to avoid, but thankfully Im unapproachable enough that I dont get a 1/8th of the flak sunny does.

You consider yourself unapproachable?

I beg to differ. But then again, I'm no fag.

lok

TRIBE Member
k. seriously. can someone talk to me about my question?

Well. If you talked to me about oral sex, or made a joke about it, its pretty fair game. You practice oral sex on men, and hey, so do I.

But it gets tedious when I am pigeonholed by my sexuality. Or when various people tell me I should stop posting pictures of half naked guys unless I put in a warning.

haha gimmie a fucking break.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
k. seriously. can someone talk to me about my question?

Seriously. "dear so and so, we read you're gay. take it easy."

Sunny should post one these weird pm's (with the identity out).

opticalm

TRIBE Promoter
MoFo, you are almost the lone gay figure standing out in a VERY straight place.

Eventually it gets tired and you will become tired of the same old jokes (they never change fyi).

If you make a specticle of yourself while surrounded by straight people it is what they will remember most.

You seem to pride yourself on being "the gay TR guy" even though there are more out there then you, you are the one in the limelight as is is. You have to deal with it or change your position in it. If the jokes are getting to you then change the jokes. Getting all bent out of shape is just making you look like an attention seeking drama fag.

Just relax you are surronded by people that like you and just occasionally have issues relating to you. They aren't gay and they can't know what it is like to be gay any more then you can know what is like to not be you.

Maybe you shold come hang with the family sometime. I know you won't stand out and be "the gay friend" but I think you'll be okay. We'll make breeder jokes and have a big frilly cock-tail.

But that is just my humble uninformed opinion.

lok

TRIBE Member
I said half naked Pronny. Shirtless.

we're also talking about numbers here.

okay, couple jabs

some quips

maybe a dig.

but after a couple years of it constantly, somewhat of a daily occurance, fuck just let it die man. dont worry, someone will take your place.

lok

TRIBE Member
No hawtin is pussying out and it makes me sad. I want to retain my old memories.

instead, I get to go out with some homo friends for a boys night out.*

* i seriously dont know what im getting into and im scared.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lok
Well. If you talked to me about oral sex, or made a joke about it, its pretty fair game. You practice oral sex on men, and hey, so do I.

But it gets tedious when I am pigeonholed by my sexuality. Or when various people tell me I should stop posting pictures of half naked guys unless I put in a warning.

haha gimmie a fucking break.

but is it pigeonholing really?

you are gay (i think) so it would make sense that joking about your sexuality would be geared toward certain activities. now, if the intention is just to joke about sexual activities, keeping in mind that they might be different from straight activities, how is that really different than joking with a straight person?