• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is sexuality an issue for you?

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
yeah while we're at it, just cuz I don't want to take it in the face or get my ass fucked doesn't mean I'm just "in the closet".

:)

Exactly, I'm also getting tired of the ... "Sunny's b/f" jokes.

Sunny is my friend, I dont' care if he's gay or straight or bi... I like Sunny, not his sexual preference.

pr0nstar

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fleaflo

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you are saying that if Sunny acted normal like everyone else and kept his ghey to himself, then Pronstar wouldn't have any reason to make ignorant jokes that hurt Sonny's feelings.

Well, it's a little finer than that, but basically, yes. "Normal" (note the ") people don't act normal and there's enough "lookit me I'm having sex with ____" threads round here to have reading for years.

Cause that is what we are talking about here, right? His feelings? A joke is a joke but then sometimes it goes too far and crosses that line. But for some reason, certain friends think that they can cross that line because they are friends. When in essence it is no easier to hear ignorance from a stranger than it is to hear it from a friend.

We were talking about sexuality but the end result is the same _______ feels it's okay to make jokes because at some point or another Sunny perpetuated it, extended the sterotype (as a joke) or didn't let his 'friend(s)' know it was not okay. That's a sexual harrassment issue I guess.

In fact, hearing it from a friend is a million times worse. Who want's to have to deal with that shit from a friend?

yes

Stirry said it more concisely than I.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
My two cents:

I might have crossed the line one or twice, etc, with some of the jokes. But I have got them in return, and pass them off with good fun. But that's me.

That being said, if I was really offended by what someone has said to me, I'm positive that I would mention it to them, personally, email, etc, and that would be that. Most people on here seem pretty civil, I think if you explain to someone that you were offended, hurt, or whatever by their comments they would stop. This goes the other way around as well.

Its difficult to know when you have crossed that line. My version of what's funny, and someone else's might be at the two polar extreme's right?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
And the fact that I have made out or had sex with 69% of the people who do this kinda boring 1997 humour, well, there's nothing I can do to turn back time and take back my saliva.
Let's give it a rest, people.

If you want a fag to pick on, I suggest you look in the mirror. You know who you are.

fleaflo, read...

I've never made out, had sex or been in anyway intimate with Sunny...

So, get your facts straight before you start throwing my name around in this thread.

pr0nstar

Originally posted by Booty Bits
from sunny's original post:

yeah, but just because he's made out with them doesn't mean that a) they're close friends (mere acquaintances) and b) that they're still beating a (not very funny to begin with) joke to death.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

I am getting really tired of weird PMs and weird random comments about my sexuality.

i find this quite strange. people pm you about the fact that you're gay?

lok

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Is sexuality an issue for you?

Originally posted by mingster
i find this quite strange. people pm you about the fact that you're gay?

haha you have no idea

lucky1

TRIBE Member
To be honest I'm not gay but a lot of the off colour attempts at humour by comenting on other tribers sexuality has been bothering me for a while.

I was gonna start a thread about it but I didn't want to deal with all the flaming I anticipated.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Whenever one wants to add an air of mystery, one simply mentions that one gets private messages about _____ .

It's part of the marketing ploy by the gays. Good strategy, but now that it's in the open, what ever shall we do?

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Whenever one wants to add an air of mystery, one simply mentions that one gets private messages about _____ .

It's part of the marketing ploy by the gays. Good strategy, but now that it's in the open, what ever shall we do?

Ever since that one thread, I get all sorts of PM's about people telling me how unclean thier colons are :p

sheesh! I just tell them they're full of shit.

*rolleyes* ;)

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
stir-fry, dont you think that MoFo has the right to expect (and be granted) some tact and respect from his friends?
i've seen more than a few people on this board in particular really, really push the boundaries of reasonable, harmless joking about his sexuality. it comes off really lame and offensive most of the time.

but what about a situation where someone makes a joke about sexuality to someone who is straight? like how i might make a commentary about ...oh whatever...oral sex or whatever..any joke a straight person makes toward another straight person, cause let's face it, we joke about sex all the time.

now, if you were to make this same type of joke to someone who is gay, but adapt the joke to fit the situation, is that considered joking about being gay? i can see someone taking more offence to this, even though it's quite equal to the hetero counterpart.

granted, i don't know the details of the situation here. but i'm just thinking.