• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Is Scissorkicks from London, ON and if so...

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Hi All,

I don't usually post in this room (actually I never do), but nu school breaks are a sound I'm getting more and more into.

As such, I'm looking for producers who make NU SCHOOL (sorry, none of that funky breaks stuff) UK-sounding breaks that are Canadian for my forthcoming label.

I recently came across a Scissorkicks 12" on UK label Purpose that I've fallen in love with and someone told me he was from London, Ontario. If this is true, does anyone know how I can contact him?

Also, if you're a Canadian producer that produces this genre of breaks, I'd really like hear what you're doing.

You can email me at slamwerks@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Jay K.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
Scissorkicks is signed to my label 2WARS.
He reigns from the UK, although we frequently
fly him over for dj gigs.
The artist from London, Ont that you've heard
of is myself, Incredible Melting Man.
There's an extensive archive of my work in the
"Production" section of http://www.torontobreaks.com
There are also two DJ sets of mine in the "Music"
section there now.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Oh, thanks very much everyone!

Incredible Melting Man, I'm interested in hearing some of your stuff. I hear your remix that you did for Release and it's piqued my interest.

Can you post me some things for consideration please?

A&R
c/o Tortoise Shell Recordings
115 White Oak Place
Waterloo, ON
Canada
N2V 1B2

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

allsides

TRIBE Member
2Sinners(U.k. nu-skool producer's) as well as Melting Man and many others are in Hamilton this Saturday. Check the upcoming event's forum under Patio Event for more info.

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
whats up Jay.

glad you're getting into the breaks.
last time I remember chilling with you
was via the wnysor mailing list
& we both got booked to open for BT cuz of that.

nice hearing from you again.
Hope you'll come visit or contribute here again.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
whats up Jay.

glad you're getting into the breaks.
last time I remember chilling with you
was via the wnysor mailing list
& we both got booked to open for BT cuz of that.

nice hearing from you again.
Hope you'll come visit or contribute here again.

Hi Marty.

Haha. Yeah, I remember that. That night was a bit crazy! Somehow my friend and I ended up really drunk on the tour bus watching the Playboy channel! Then my friend started to raid the tour bus fridge of its beer and it all went downhill from there...

I actually played right after BT did. Man, WNYSOR seems soooo long ago. I remember stirring up a lot of trouble on that list.

I've always liked some breaks, but lately I've been playing a lot more of the nu school sound in my sets that's been around for a while now. I still play prog house/tech house/tribal house though.

It's all about the mish mash of styles for me.

Normally I post over in the prog room.

Cheers,
Jay